Increase range of ground end possible?

Reaction score
Have any of you tried to increase the range of the ground end of the datalink by changing to a better/different antenna rather than using the stock antenna?

I am wondering if it is possible to increase the range that it could maintain contact with the air end.

I flew it far as a test and my ground end lost contact about under a mile away. Anyone think it is possible to use a more directional antenna on the ground end to maintain contact with the air end at long distances?

A more effective way of increasing the range without resorting to amplifiers of dubious specification is to simply mount the ground end on a pole. I've used a cheap fibreglass telescopic fishing pole with the ground element, Bluetooth adaptor, and LiPo battery supply, at a height of about 15ft agl (first four sections of a 10 meter pole )

Regards

Nidge

Nidge said:
A more effective way of increasing the range without resorting to amplifiers of dubious specification is to simply mount the ground end on a pole. I've used a cheap fibreglass telescopic fishing pole with the ground element, Bluetooth adaptor, and LiPo battery supply, at a height of about 15ft agl (first four sections of a 10 meter pole )

Regards

Nidge

What range do you get?

andersonpaac said:
Nidge said:

Regards

Nidge

What range do you get?

I've not tried to break any distance or height records. My hex is ring fenced at 500m out and 80m altitude but the relative signal strength is always healthy even when the hex is at 500m and only a few feet off the ground.

Regards

Nidge

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj