increase pixel count

Reaction score
I am framing photos to approx. 12" x 14" but when printed, they look like a minecraft picture - all blocky- what settings do I need on camera to maximize pixel count - ect., for perfect pics

Welcome number1

From where are you using pictures: phone/tablet or sdcard;
Best quality always in sdcard

Camera settings then to discuss

I am framing photos to approx. 12" x 14" but when printed, they look like a minecraft picture - all blocky- what settings do I need on camera to maximize pixel count - ect., for perfect pics
You shouldn't have to do anything on the camera to "maximise pixel count", the images from a P4 should easily handle printing at 12 x 14 without any issues.
What size are the images you are using? They should be 4000 x 3000 if they are straight from the camera.

Welcome number1

From where are you using pictures: phone/tablet or sdcard;
Best quality always in sdcard

Camera settings then to discuss
receiving pics right from card in drone to my laptop. the current settings are as follows:
ISO -800, SHUTTER - 1600,EV -2.0, IMAGE SIZE -16:9, IMAGE FORMAT - RAW, WHITE BALANCE - AWB, STYLE-NONE, COLOR -D-LOG

receiving pics right from card in drone to my laptop. the current settings are as follows:
ISO -800, SHUTTER - 1600,EV -2.0, IMAGE SIZE -16:9, IMAGE FORMAT - RAW, WHITE BALANCE - AWB, STYLE-NONE, COLOR -D-LOG
So you have your camera set for the maximum picture size already.
But you might be able to improve picture quality by changing some settings.
Is there any reason are you shooting ISO 800 and EV-2.0??
Those are unusual values to use.
Use a lower ISO setting - try 100 unless you are in very low light situations.
And dial your underexposure back closer to EV0 ... either EV0 or EV-0.3 should be better than what you are using.

That shouldn't make much difference.
It should be something he can deal with.
Looking at one of my P4 pro images unmodified in Photoshop, it measures 76 x 50 inches @ 72 pixels per inch and its pixel dimensions are 5472 x 3648 pixels
If I change that to 300 dpi, it now measures 18 x 12 inches but the pixel dimensions are unchanged at 5472 x 3648 pixels
Outputting the image at different pixel density doesn't change the image or the number of pixels.

If you really have to change it, Photoshop and lots of other graphics programs can do that.

my printer said that the photos are being sent with a 96 resolution - should be closer to 300 - does anyone know how to increase resolution setting on my ipad when connected to camera, for clear expanded photos

If you spread 4000 pixels across 14 inches of paper, you'll have 4000 divided by 14 = 285.7 pixels for every inch (285 pixels per inch). That should be enough for a nice sharp print.

If you start with a 4000 x 3000 pixel image and If your printer is saying 96 pixels per inch, then your image is being reduced by your printing software.

Can't help without knowing what software you're using to print your image and how you're setting it up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1