Increase fpv signal

Reaction score
Actually, i am talking about a phantom 3 standard. Does anyone know how to increase the fpv distance? Heard about magic power and I am using a windsurfer too. Does magic power really increase the fpv range?

you can purchase the high gain antenna kit , Magic Power5 and icarus only works outside of the USA where the ghz is lowered, it puts you in FCC mode to get 5ghz and 2.4 on the FPV, if you want the best bang for the buck, get the ARGtek antenna kit, ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Six (6) Antenna Kit NEW | eBay (example) search around, make sure its legit Argtek. I have it on mine, and with my iPad Mini as my tablet of choice , (sorry android your video sucks too bad) i can go well over 1.5 miles before i get scared.

Actually, i am talking about a phantom 3 standard. Does anyone know how to increase the fpv distance? Heard about magic power and I am using a windsurfer too. Does magic power really increase the fpv range?

Please note that OP has the 927Mhz Japanese P3S and would need information about any antenna / utility that is compatible with that frequency.

Unfortunately - most of us would assume he has 2.4 + 5.8Ghz gear ... but as i know - he hasn't.

Anyone have any solutions for 927Mhz ?

Nigel

you can purchase the high gain antenna kit , Magic Power5 and icarus only works outside of the USA where the ghz is lowered, it puts you in FCC mode to get 5ghz and 2.4 on the FPV, if you want the best bang for the buck, get the ARGtek antenna kit, ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Six (6) Antenna Kit NEW | eBay (example) search around, make sure its legit Argtek. I have it on mine, and with my iPad Mini as my tablet of choice , (sorry android your video sucks too bad) i can go well over 1.5 miles before i get scared.

He has 927Mhz ... so not suitable.

But anyway - I would disagree with your Android comment. It depends what Android Unit you have. I use the Nexus Vers 2 and it serves very well. I fly with people who also have IOS ... difference ? None that I see.

Nigel

Reactions: Kev74
yes P3S, same as mine, if your stuck in non FCC mode you can use Magicpower or Icarus to get it to go to 2.4/5ghz but you will have to do this every time, as it keeps resetting back down. I have a new Galaxy Tab 8 and its worse than my iPad mini, it just always seems to work better on newer iOS devices vs droids, but thats a personal opinion, run what you want. regardless the ArgTek mod will help regardless of your MHZ, the little antenna with the P3S remote is poo at best. plus it helps ALOT with FPV and remote signal strength.

My comment about 927mhz was a little short ... the WiFi is still 2.4Ghz ... but I would be still concerned to check with authors of Magic and Icarus to be sure they are compatible.

As to resetting ?? If installed and acted properly - there should not be any need to reassign each time powered up. My Standard Controller and AC never reset ant time after installed.

I do advise that TELNET should be enabled .....

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj