Incorrect Airdata from Litchi

Reaction score
Noticed a bizarre series of errors yesterday. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
I was using Litchi to run waypoint missions. I have run this one mission a couple of times before, so I am very familiar with the distance. I just got a used P3S and wanted to test it out on a legit waypoint mission. So I ran it with the spark first to be sure everything was fine (even though Ive run it with the spark before) I was paranoid about sending the Phantom. After the spark made it home fine I got up the nerve, and sent the phantom on the exact same mission, she returned just fine. Then I ran a slightly modified version of the mission, using the same waypoints but changing the altitude of a couple of waypoints to get a better angle from higher up. I ran that mission with the trusty spark. Once again the mission was a success.
I knew that this was the farthest mission Ive taken the P3S on. Heres where it got weird.

I went on my computer to check the data on airdata. I like to examine the detailed data for battery errors and other anomaly's. I noticed that all 3 showed substantially different distances and flight paths. None were fully correct, all the tracks are way short of were the bird actually flew. I confirmed by watching the footage. Each mission was flown exactly as programmed, but the airdata information was way off.

If anyone knows the cause of this or if youve also noticed these errors on airdata please chime in, I really want to know more.
Thank you

Airdata pulls directly from Litchi. The only thing I can think of is distance is being displayed in meters in one place and feet in another. I don't know if that's even possible.

Reactions: mtntrogger
If anyone knows the cause of this or if youve also noticed these errors on airdata please chime in, I really want to know more.
If you have Airdata set to automatically download your flight data, try again and see it Airdata gives you different information for those flights now.
There have been reports of Airdata going prematurely with only partial data when it auto-downloads.

Airdata pulls directly from Litchi. The only thing I can think of is distance is being displayed in meters in one place and feet in another. I don't know if that's even possible.
Thanks for the reply sir, I appreciate it. I don't think that's what the situation is here. I double checked the settings. Both are imperial and not metric.

If you have Airdata set to automatically download your flight data, try again and see it Airdata gives you different information for those flights now.
There have been reports of Airdata going prematurely with only partial data when it auto-downloads.
Thank you, I will recheck

Now I'm curious. Will try a test flight today to compare. I always waited till I got home to upload the data manually.

MtnTrogger if your flight plan took the Phantom out beyond signal range, where you were greeted with that ominous verbal alert " Warning, Disconnected !", then Air Data will only have recorded the mileage covered BEFORE the bird went beyond signal reception range.

If this was the case, Airdata's display of the flight path will show the route outbound that lay within signal range, and the route inbound when the drone returned to within reach of the controller, while leaving out the entire portion of the mission that was beyond signal range. If the entire mission was within range, then obviously this speculative consideration is not applicable.

MtnTrogger if your flight plan took the Phantom out beyond signal range, where you were greeted with that ominous verbal alert " Warning, Disconnected !", then Air Data will only have recorded the mileage covered BEFORE the bird went beyond signal reception range.

If this was the case, Airdata's display of the flight path will show the route outbound that lay within signal range, and the route inbound when the drone returned to within reach of the controller, while leaving out the entire portion of the mission that was beyond signal range. If the entire mission was within range, then obviously this speculative consideration is not applicable.
Yessir, I got that warning, as I have on many waypoint flights before this. And you are correct the data shows exactly as you mentioned. Trevor from airdata got back to me with a detailed reply. He said I could upload the dat file from the bird to get the full data to show up on airdata. Gonna try later on when I have more time. First I gotta figure out this compass caib issue that popped up after I updated the fw on the p3s. I knew updating was sketch, and like an idiot, I did it anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav