P3 Firmware Incompatability with older Android versions and Blackberry Priv

Reaction score
My brother and I both purchased a pair of P3S UAVs. We each live at different parts of the country so communication is by phone. Initially I used a Blackberry Priv using the Android OS. As I tried to get everything connected the DJI GO app informed me I needed to upgrade to the latest firmware 1.6.8. I tried on several occasions and eventually wasn't sure if it had worked. Frustrated with seemingly incompatibility with the Blackberry Priv I used my Samsung tablet. It didn't suggest a firmware update so assumed the initial attempt had been a success. Tentatively flew it the next day and built up confidence. Decided to film the sun rise next morning. Just before the sun peeped above the horizon the cloud turned golden. Wanting to take a picture I turned off the video but then the screen froze. The message that DJI GO had stopped working was displayed and I closed it. Re-opening it re-gained control but I missed the sun peeping above the horizon. Back home I tried the app again using my Galaxy S5 and it worked perfectly. Checked Android versions and the tablet was running 4.1! grrr. Wanting to use a tablet size screen I purchased an inexpensive ASUS running version 6 of the Android OS. Now, when connecting to Simon (yeah I know, from the film Battle of Britain - "Simon! Where the hell are you Simon?") the screen message on the ASUS tells me I need to upgrade to version 1.6.8. I've tried going to the top right of the screen and going to about but that only tells me the app version of DJI GO not the firmware up date of the UAV. Now I can fly Simon 120 metres above the ground at a distance of 100 metres. My brother who has done the upgrade gets no more than 87 metres above the ground. So, where can I find which firmware version I have please? TIA

Recently I've been listening to the '80s classic The Wall from Pink Floyd and the line from the film Battle of Britain when Simon gets shot down came to me when I lost sight of my UAV in the sky. Just to clarify. :)

Reactions: Alex Baxter

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4