Inaugural Phantom 4 Flight

You are off to a good start, Matt. One thing I always try to point out to new comers is that trees are not your friend. These Phantom drones are so easy to fly it is easy to get the idea that you can do almost anything with them. It leads to overconfidence. Don't get too close to trees, power lines, or other obstacles until you have quite a bit more time. You might get away with it, but you might find that they tend to reach out and grab your amazing flying machine. When they do, it won't be treated kindly.

As far as your videos, I'm sure you are looking for professional results so you'll want to make your transitions smooth, your pans slow, and your gimbal tilts smooth. There are gimbal adjustments you can make with the settings that will give you smooth transitions up and down. That will go a long way in making your video professional appearing.

Have fun, and welcome.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
My first drone flight and edit, so be easy look forward to learning as I am a pro photographer, but not video

Hey Matt - no pro here either when it comes to video and editing of same.

Having said that - what I notice is what I was doing in the beginning...........

1. Poor transitions in editing (I found just the straight fade with a bit of overlap works best).

2. Your gimbal tilts are too "mechanical" - if you get my drift (like flyboy says - make the gimbal adjustments).

3. Keep the pans slow and steady - some backward flying and filming makes for truly great shots.

Keep on flying and filming - I agree, you are off to a great start - and welcome to Phantom Pilots - tons of info on here!

Reactions: flyboy73
Thanks for the great insight guys it really does help.

I am looking for a good walkthrough on a better setup than default for the gimbal etc in DJI Go or Litchi.

Thanks a lot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4