Inaaccurate distances

Reaction score
I just had my maiden flight and it went flawlessly. What a blast! I have one apparent issue:

The distance readout at the bottom of the iphone app is grossly inaccurate. When standing next to the phantom the readout shows 117.7' distance and 10.2' altitude. When flying, these distances change appropriately. I am afraid with this, if I ever need or use the return to home feature, it will be far from home! Any ideas! Thanks! I tried re calibrating the compass...

From what I've noticed, the distance reported by the app is relative to where the Phantom sets its home location (when the green lights flicker during startup)

Yes, if you set up the Vision at the edge of a field and wait for it to get satellite lock, then walk it to the middle of the field you'll get a reading from where it first hit good satellite lock. If you leave it where it is and are still getting an error then firstly see how many satellites the app is reporting (you need more than 6 for a solid lock); if that's not the issue might be worth plugging the aircraft into the Assistant software and checking that all the IMU parameters are within expected limits and calibrate the IMU if necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1