In Search for a cheap lighting cable

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to find a perfect length lighting cable for my P4P. I'm using an IPhone 6S, and maybe buying an IPad mini soon. It needs to work perfect, and just like the normal lighting cable. I want free international shipping and under 10USD.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

IMG_1834.JPG
This works good and costs less than a few cents....

Aftermarket short lightning cables are less than $6 AUD shipped in Australia. I'm suggesting you google and take your chances, may work good for someone else and you get a crap one.

I use a 12 inch ca lie for my mini. Just long enough to take up the slack, but not put any strain on the connectors

Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to find a perfect length lighting cable for my P4P. I'm using an IPhone 6S, and maybe buying an IPad mini soon. It needs to work perfect, and just like the normal lighting cable. I want free international shipping and under 10USD.

If your looking for cheap, then your going to get crap. I got a 1' cord that's durable for around 13 bucks but I know it's built tough and tested true.

If your looking for cheap, then your going to get crap. I got a 1' cord that's durable for around 13 bucks but I know it's built tough and tested true.

That's why I suggested google and take the crap shoot.... whenever someone says I want X and I'm only prepared to spend Y I think most know what the result is. There will be someone prepared to sell then something cheap but the compromise will materialise. The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.

First post. Hello everyone, I saw this and had to post something because this has been an issue for me as well. So I did this to a cheap wal-mart lighting cable. I use a round shank screwdriver and two cable ties. I tied the USB end to the handle end of the shaft with a small cable tie then wrapped it all the way till I only had enough to tie the other end with a cable tie. The I heated it over a heater for about five minutes. I removed it after it cooled and this is what I ended up with.
64743f183a464eb0a86be5641cdc8f05.jpg
5da5cdf7c12c5cca2c10af6ad14ab6ed.jpg

I'll probably pick up a short cable next time I'm around the Apple Store. This one works better than the wound up way I had it before.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: God bless Texas
First post. Hello everyone, I saw this and had to post something because this has been an issue for me as well. So I did this to a cheap wal-mart lighting cable. I use a round shank screwdriver and two cable ties. I tied the USB end to the handle end of the shaft with a small cable tie then wrapped it all the way till I only had enough to tie the other end with a cable tie. The I heated it over a heater for about five minutes. I removed it after it cooled and this is what I ended up with.
64743f183a464eb0a86be5641cdc8f05.jpg
5da5cdf7c12c5cca2c10af6ad14ab6ed.jpg

I'll probably pick up a short cable next time I'm around the Apple Store. This one works better than the wound up way I had it before.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
LOL- that is awesome!!!!

And much better than anything you might get someone find for you and to ship you for free and under $10 total.

Reactions: God bless Texas
Here's how I did it. About ten minutes on the heat. Five on one side then flip for five.View attachment 74803View attachment 74804

Sent from my XT1650 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Nice, simple and practical. It's the OEM internals also which should give comfort. The super cheap cables aren't worth fiddling with (my experience) in imortant applications- risking losing FPV and telemetry in flight to save a few dollars is false economy. A friends son who imports all sorts of rubbish gave me a handful of very fancy looking lightening cables. 4/5 died in normal use within 6 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20