In one flight got 18 separate logs...

Reaction score
Something strange happened with my flight tonight. After compass calibration I got my P3S up in the air, it automatically set the home-point and i pushed it to 67 m altitude. Sudden I got a weak signal message and lowered it down a little and pushed forward 60 m and again weak signal and signal lost. I've decided to push go home button on my phone, but it just said that back to home failed... So I freaked out a little, but noticed that I still can control my quad with RC, although on my RC red led was indicating loss of signal occasionally. After I managed to get my quad closer it reconnected again. And this was the case (weak signal/loss of signal/ reconnection) for the whole flight. But most interesting part was when I got home and checked my logs. I had 18 new logs, I uploaded it to HealthyDrones and was surprised that my one flight was divided into 18 separate flights and each flight had new different home-point. But during my flight I did not land or set a new home points.
So it seems like after each signal loss my phantom was considering that it is a "new" flight.
Also weird things was happening with DJI Go app, sometimes after signal loss it went to thumbnail list of pictures which I took during tonights flight.
I was flying in this area few days ago, and managed to get better distance w/o signal warnings.
So I'm confused a little and thinking on updating to a new 1.6.80 firmware.
Any thoughts?

So it seems like after each signal loss my phantom was considering that it is a "new" flight.
Also weird things was happening with DJI Go app, sometimes after signal loss it went to thumbnail list of pictures which I took during tonights flight.
I was flying in this area few days ago, and managed to get better distance w/o signal warnings.
So I'm confused a little and thinking on updating to a new 1.6.80 firmware.
Any thoughts?

Yes when you loose signal from the Phantom, the flight is chopped, your mobile device is logging the fllght.
Try Re-Linking remote and Phantom, other than that?

I was having trouble getting FPV signal with my Standard since I bought it in February. By the end of March I couldn't fly it at all. Sent it in to Dji. They replaced the gimbal and remote. Worked perfect. For a few days. Then gimbal started jumping up and down on its own, then it started the stupid signal loss/weird flight logs like you described. I actually had a short log of the drone being in a place and on a path that the drone hadn't even been to. Back to Dji again. It's on its way home now. Hopefully it's worth flying when I get it back this time.

The other day I managed to get 300 m range with no problems, though in different area. But last night was something strange. I still need to test this quad in different areas and to see how it performs. I do not expect to get more than 150 m in urban areas, but 67 meters are way to short.
The only thing I'm afraid that quad was changing home-point locations all the time last night and this is something wrong. As I said, will try to install new firmware, calibrate everything and re-link RC and reinstall DJI Go app.
Always was thinking on buying Advanced version, but decided that Standard would be more than enough. It seems that maybe was wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj