In need of some serious help here, please guys!

Reaction score
Ok, I have been flying (and upgrading) for nearly a year now (P2 > P3P) without so much of an hiccup. However I have been unable to upgrade the phantom3P since 1.4 (which worked just fine). 1.5 & 1.6 are impossible. The P3 will start the initial start up and all sounds fine until after a minute or so the D,ddd just turns into a constant stream of noise. I have reformatted the sd card several times and that includes a 'deep' format. I am running on fully charges batteries and ensuring that the RC is switched off. The gimbal seems to be working fine but the there is no image to be seen in the app. I suspect that the onboard files have somehow become corrupt. There must be some sort of filing system actually in the P3 SD drive that needs to be over ridden. If anyone can help me solve this issue, I would be most grateful. Cheers! :)

Follow these instructions exactly. If the firmware does not install, then please post the TXT file from your memory card.

Reactions: AlphaZeroOne
Last edited:
I updated it above.

you could try: starting the phantom 3 up without the sd card in it. wait a few minutes, then insert the sd card with the firmware on it, wait a few minutes and hope it updates...

also, remove and reinsert the ribbon cables, and you can also try to remove the gimbal and then plug in the 2 plugs again, they may have come loose...

you could try: starting the phantom 3 up without the sd card in it. wait a few minutes, then insert the sd card with the firmware on it, wait a few minutes and hope it updates...

also, remove and reinsert the ribbon cables, and you can also try to remove the gimbal and then plug in the 2 plugs again, they may have come loose...

No joy, no progress. Looks like it might be need of repair. Thanks for inputs.

yep, take a good look at the ribbon cable. it has 2 90degree bends, mine slightly ripped at one of those bends, it was very very hard to see...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues