In need of replacement P4P. NO LONGER IN NEED

Hmm. Interesting. Thanks! It seems possible I suppose.
I take it back. I don’t think it’s possible because the altitude was never 65 ft above the takeoff point. Not even later in the flight. And certainly not around the island where connection as lost. It hit the tree significantly lower than the takeoff point. 65 ft above the takeoff point would be over my house which is at the top of the hill.

Sorry folks. Just realized I never posted the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I take it back. I don’t think it’s possible because the altitude was never 65 ft above the takeoff point. Not even later in the flight. And certainly not around the island where connection as lost. It hit the tree significantly lower than the takeoff point. 65 ft above the takeoff point would be over my house which is at the top of the hill.
It's hard to be certain since we have no data for the time in question.
But perhaps we can join some dots?
The Phantomhelp link only lasts a few weeks so I can't re-examine the data.
Can you post it again?
And point out where teh drone was found too.

Can you post it again?
At some point I’ll try to power up and get the internal flight logs. I can try to repost the controller log to phantomhelp but I’m not sure that’s necessary. Based on local knowledge I can tell by the video that she was well below the launch point (my house) the whole time. I’ll look up in this thread and see if you posted a graph of altitude from the controller log.

Can you post it again?
@Meta4 I’m attaching an image you posted on this thread back in Dec but I added an arrow to point at where it was found. Also in your comments you did verify that RTH was set at 305 and it should have been enough to clear obstacles on the return path.

Of course I realize that the return path was more direct than the data you had to go on. But the difference was small and with my local knowledge I can say with certainty that your comment still applies.

Attachments

• 609BC161-250D-4D9E-91A7-98ADEE871E39.jpeg
    609BC161-250D-4D9E-91A7-98ADEE871E39.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 93
@Meta4 If you would be so kind to take a look I was able to extract the DAT file from the flight off the aircraft. (Link below). I generated a CSV from DatCon and while the data is overwhelming in that format I picked out a few things.

First, I spot checked some coordinates and confirmed that the Gohome spot and the crash site make sense-so it’s the right log. Although the row with the lat Lon of the crash is several rows before the end (at time offset of 703.811.) I guess the other rows are as it was crashing. But the last row is maybe 100 ft or so from where it was found. Lat/Lon at 703.811 sec is where it was found.

Something else which looked maybe out of place. Position error = TRUE shows up at 75.309. Early in the flight so maybe unrelated.

Thanks much. Curious why it didn’t go to RTH height.

Edit: I included the CSV link by mistake. Here is the DAT.

Last edited:
Amazingly in addition to powering up and retrieving the data, this aircraft flies! After laying under snow and rain for 3 months. Camera and gimbal work flawlessly so far. Only glitch is the card slot. Card has to be dug out with a tweezer. But it is recognized. I sprayed CRC in there to no avail. Will need to take it apart.

Edit: I should say I also have a vision sensor calibration error. That may be fixable with a calibration. If not it still works as a backup.

Amazingly in addition to powering up and retrieving the data, this aircraft flies! After laying under snow and rain for 3 months. Camera and gimbal work flawlessly so far. Only glitch is the card slot. Card has to be dug out with a tweezer. But it is recognized. I sprayed CRC in there to no avail. Will need to take it apart.

Edit: I should say I also have a vision sensor calibration error. That may be fixable with a calibration. If not it still works as a backup.
Been messing with CSVviewer. Fun learning experience. Haven’t uncovered anything much being a novice. But per something @Meta4 said about throttle input and height relative to takeoff point cancelling elevating to RTH height I’ve determined, as suspects, that wasn’t the cause. There were no inputs after loss of signal and go home. And height was always lower than -100

Hmm. Interesting parameter.

Attachments

• 87FDCAE5-2E3F-4CBE-971B-C60C05EC0496.jpeg
    87FDCAE5-2E3F-4CBE-971B-C60C05EC0496.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: MikeA138
Pardon me for bugging into your post but, I have a question, how come the obstacle avoidance didn't kick in?
Seems to me, the craft should've avoided those trees, by stopping or climbing? I'm not familiar with the P4P, my last Phantom was a Phantom 3, nowadays I'm flying an Air2S.
Curious to know if the P4P, while flying back in RTH mode, did so at such a speed that obstacle avoidance, was not available.
I'm also baffled that the P4P returned so close to home yet, you weren't able to regain the video downlink nor control.
I'm considering selling my A2S and getting a P4P V2.0 for commercial flying, due to its mechanical shutter camera and am researching everyting I can on this model.

Pardon me for bugging into your post but, I have a question, how come the obstacle avoidance didn't kick in?
Seems to me, the craft should've avoided those trees, by stopping or climbing? I'm not familiar with the P4P, my last Phantom was a Phantom 3, nowadays I'm flying an Air2S.
Curious to know if the P4P, while flying back in RTH mode, did so at such a speed that obstacle avoidance, was not available.
I'm also baffled that the P4P returned so close to home yet, you weren't able to regain the video downlink nor control.
I'm considering selling my A2S and getting a P4P V2.0 for commercial flying, due to its mechanical shutter camera and am researching everyting I can on this model.
OA is not foolproof especially with bare branches which these were.

I never regained connection because the aircraft never rose to RTH height and therefore stayed below me and obscured by trees below me on the mountain.

Reactions: gcopter1
Greetings folks,

I lost my P4P V1 drone. Never returned. Don’t know why. I’d prefer to buy just another P4P V1 aircrafts but it looks like they just aren’t available new. Does anyone know if a source? I suppose I could go the used route off eBay if I have to.

Thanks
Bill
I have one but it is the camera that is spendy the drone I sell on ebay for around 239 but the cameras are just nuts, I do have a couple Obsidians on the way they are V1 Pros

I have one but it is the camera that is spendy the drone I sell on ebay for around 239 but the cameras are just nuts, I do have a couple Obsidians on the way they are V1 Pros
Old post. Replaced long ago. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic