In Gulf Shores, AL for the week! Can I fly???

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

As the title states.... I am contemplating on if I should fly the drone or not. I am staying here in some condos right off the beach. We just got here yesterday and before flight I wanted to make sure that it was not restricted or what the actual rules were. I have done some google searching as I see many people have concerns and or same questions I have when visiting other places. Does anyone know if it is allowed here in Gulf Shores?

I am wanting to take off from the back porch as it has concrete but like stated.... I really do not want to have authorities confronting me over it hahahaha...

You can fly anywhere in America. Unless nfz. If your drone fires up and no red. You are good to go. Are you at a national park. Also restricted.

Reactions: rjmancia
You can fly anywhere in America. Unless nfz. If your drone fires up and no red. You are good to go. Are you at a national park. Also restricted.

Thank you Tony... and well I'm over here Ft. Morgan in some condos. I have found some people stating that near Orange Beach being restricted but there are really no said "LAWS" about it.

well... just got my answer... I guess I should have done this to begin with but was wanting to make sure they were not just going to say "NO" because it would be easiest for them to do so. They did say I could fly it as long as I kept it away from everyone and to be courteous

Have you been able to fly? Enjoying our south Alabama weather. Have a good trip.

Oh yeah it's been very nice down here! We came here last year as well and it was so humid.... this time it has been awesome! I was able to fly it yesterday and today! Just had to be very cautious.... lol

Update as of 5 Jan, 2021. I talked to the Police and was told no flying in Gulf Shores, with one exception, unless one has a special permit from the city...requires a fee.
You might know that from high tide and out, that part of the beach is not private. The FAA says we can fly from there. The Beach Police says no. .period.
The only place to fly in Gulf Shores is at the Sports Complex about 7 miles north off Rt 59. That would place it approximately 4 or 5 miles from the airport. Would think "B4Ufly" would show restrictions.
The city council states safety and voyeurism is a concern. Wonder if any of them ever zoomed in on their property with Google Earth?

Good Morning Everyone,

As the title states.... I am contemplating on if I should fly the drone or not. I am staying here in some condos right off the beach. We just got here yesterday and before flight I wanted to make sure that it was not restricted or what the actual rules were. I have done some google searching as I see many people have concerns and or same questions I have when visiting other places. Does anyone know if it is allowed here in Gulf Shores?

I am wanting to take off from the back porch as it has concrete but like stated.... I really do not want to have authorities confronting me over it hahahaha...
Check Air Maps ?? to be sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31