In Flight Motor Stop

Reaction score
New P2V+. Out doing some flying when all of the suddden birds starts going crazy and plummets to ground from about 40 feet. No control whatsoever but I did notice one prop was static. Crashed. Took top off and found yellow wire came unsoldered, in addition same speed controller was cracked.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Also, are all speed controllers the same for all four motors on P2V+?

I can't seem to find a part number.

The ESC is the same for all motors. The latest version is available on Amazon.

Last edited:
do you reckon it was un soldered and cracked before the crash? Is it the same motor that wasn't spinning? Can't believe it would just unsolder thats crazy!
Do you have a picture of the wire and it's soldering point? It may have been a dry joint... It's worth opening the bird up and checking all the joints in that case

I think this is similar what happend to my new P2V+. I recived "Invalid Battery" and phantom was in quick descent and also I noticed that it was going to left. This migh happen if one of the motors is static? I actually read some smilar stories in other forums about P2V+ chrashing all the suddenly.

See my post about it here: Brand new DJI Phantom 2 Vision+

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj