In flight disturbing notifications

Reaction score
It is annoying to have, phone, facetime, social and other apps displaying notifications during flights. How to disable all of them until app is closed (GO4, Litchi...)
Once, I got Skype or Facetime (don't remember which one) filled all the screen with an incoming call.
Maybe it is possible to create an iOS Workflow task to turn off all notifications when certain apps are running.
I don't realize how to accomplish that.

If you fly in airplane mode, most of those notifications should not appear.

Reactions: AirSable
P4P, but many times I don't have fixed flight plans to preview map downloads. "2km there, now go to the left 1 km, now... " are instructions I get in the fields.
I use an iPad mini w/ cell I could get internet connection directly from my ISP (extra $) instead of using my mobile modem which shares internet connection via WiFi.

How can I download maps and use them offline? Android user...
1504558141829-1646491107.jpg
click offline maps ,enter country and download
1504558359764404308124.jpg
once it downloaded it always there

Reactions: tevek
This screen doesn't show up here....

7f3a1b140a5e2bf2bcd2b0fb2caaa46a.jpg
I see im on old version 4.1.3...have you done updates ? Could be why it not there,? I holding off still because me bird flys with no issues,mayby someone can check there update version 4.1.8 android and see if still there or gone,,,,just had quick look in flight restictions,,wonder if thats what they call it now ,i did download my country ages ago if remember right ,still brings up map,did you look at that and mayby download your country and should be able to zoom in and out since you want to use offline

Last edited by a moderator:
I enable DND on my iPhone to prevent calls, alerts and notifications. Airplane mode won't work for the P3S I have as it needs WiFi to connect to the controller.
I still recommend airplane mode for p3s. It kills everything, then go into wifi, turn it on and you have your drone ready.

I see im on old version 4.1.3...have you done updates ? Could be why it not there,? I holding off still because me bird flys with no issues,mayby someone can check there update version 4.1.8 android and see if still there or gone,,,,just had quick look in flight restictions,,wonder if thats what they call it now ,i did download my country ages ago if remember right ,still brings up map,did you look at that and mayby download your country and should be able to zoom in and out since you want to use offline
Hi thanks for your hints. I noticed that I still had a 4.0.x on my tablet. The offline maps section comes up with 4.1.x [emoji2]

It is annoying to have, phone, facetime, social and other apps displaying notifications during flights. How to disable all of them until app is closed (GO4, Litchi...)
Once, I got Skype or Facetime (don't remember which one) filled all the screen with an incoming call.
Maybe it is possible to create an iOS Workflow task to turn off all notifications when certain apps are running.
I don't realize how to accomplish that.
Makes me so happy that I have a device dedicated solely for flying the drone. Wi-Fi only. No social apps. No nonsense popping up. Just DJI Go 4 or Litchi (my favorite)!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20