In 15mph wind does your P3p jerk around like it's possessed?

Reaction score
Hi all. I was just flying my P3P at 15' in 15mph winds and it was not behaving smoothly at all. I have a concern one of the motors is bad- once, maybe 8 flights ago, upon powering down one specific motor didn't stop with the others and smelled like it was burning but has seemingly functioned fine since. The uav is running v1.6 firmware and the rc is on v1.5.80

No they're brand new, I looked to make sure they were even and at the proper angle in motion before takeoff.

The phantom can get squirrely in 15mph winds at low altitude, yes. A shot motor is another concern. Watch that. But generally, winds can bully the phantom. It bullies most drones I think. Much nicer to fly on calmer days.

Reactions: chriseparent
That's funny, full moon.....

Seriously it has the real, not counterfeit dji props on it?
Mine did the jerky, non hovering flight with some supposedly dji props but they where more flimsy than the real dji props.

Soon as I swapped back to real DJI it was fine again.

That's funny, full moon.....

Seriously it has the real, not counterfeit dji props on it?
Mine did the jerky, non hovering flight with some supposedly dji props but they where more flimsy than the real dji props.

Soon as I swapped back to real DJI it was fine again.
Was that in the wind?

Yes I even carried it around in front of the house(more enclosed but open garden area out of the wind) and it was scary just how crazy it was. Like it had a bad computer board or bad IMU.

I tried calibrations, etc., no joy. Swapped props to new DJI props and it was unbelievable the difference. Seems several folks got bit on amazon by those props until word got out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1