imu warming up

Reaction score
Is it normal to have a imu warming up message before the safe to fly message? It can take almost a minute before it goes away.

Yes. You need to redo your IMU calibration while your Phantom is cool. See more details in this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You should allow for more than 5 minutes for it to cool down though. I usually sit mine outside at night for ~30 minutes. If it's hot outside at night where you're located, you can sit it somewhere cool inside. And, by cool, I don't mean the freezer ;)

It's like that even after doing a cold IMU calibration?

Mine has always been like that msinger . I do as you say when I have done IMU calibration but every time I power up to fly I have to wait
for the thing to warm up and say ready to fly . I just thought that was normal with the 3 .

Hmm. That's odd. That trick is supposed to make your Phantom think it's warmed up whenever it reaches/exceeds the temperature it was at when the IMU was calibrated.

I will try to do another IMU Cal and put that sucker outside overnite and see if that don't change that . I will be seeing I have like 11 Sat's and still have to wait about a minute . I keep it in a room around 68 degree's and thought that was cool enough .
Still a noob with this thing :)
Got it getting out there but way more to this one than my Visions !

Ship it to me and I will do it. It's 48 here right now :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Funny as I just checked and that's what it is here :eek: Suppose to get down to 43 . Will try again :)
And you already got one ;)

Funny as I just checked and that's what it is here :eek: Suppose to get down to 43 . Will try again :)
Hope boxer's getting all this ...kind of stepped in I did :rolleyes:

Yep... or 2...

Fleet.jpg

Ok...

So what if the room I did the calibration in was much warmer than the outside temp prior to flying, is this why ?
Should I have done the IMU calibration outside?

Do it inside. Try to start the IMU calibration as quickly as possible once you start up your Phantom.

Ok...

So what if the room I did the calibration in was much warmer than the outside temp prior to flying, is this why ?
The over temp warning is the board inside not the ambient temperature. Chilling the Phantom effectively chills the internal boards too.

Put your phantom in the refrigerator and then do your IMU calibration while it's still cold. No joke, I know it sounds weird, but it works. The IMU waits until it gets to the same temperature it was at when calibrated. If you did it while warm it can take quite a while. Mine literally takes two seconds to "warm up" because it's always warmer than when I calibrated.

Put your phantom in the refrigerator and then do your IMU calibration while it's still cold. No joke, I know it sounds weird, but it works. The IMU waits until it gets to the same temperature it was at when calibrated. If you did it while warm it can take quite a while. Mine literally takes two seconds to "warm up" because it's always warmer than when I calibrated.
The wife looked at me strange when she saw mine in the fridge one time. :D

Reactions: Adil J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31