IMU warm up time

Reaction score
I realize warm up time will be affected by ambient temperature, so please include an approximation of that in your reply.

I installed version 4.00 yesterday and was hoping the yellow flashing IMU warm up period would be reduced - - didn't happen.

Between 70 to 80 F, version 4.00 warm up is 2 1/2 minutes, about the same as it was with my previous version 3.14. I seem to recall the version before that, 3.12, only took less than a minute - - but I could be wrong about that.

Is 2.5 minutes normal in moderate temperatures? How long is your warm up?

thanks in advance for the help,

bumper

That's about the same length of time mine took on both the 2.12 & 2.14 versions.

It's been pretty warm here of course, I have never had to wait for IMU warm up. I expect things will change when the Snow cometh :(

I have two Phantoms and they have both always been different in how they go through the warm up.
One has always been quick and even in cold temps it takes no longer than 1 minute to warm up and will only flash yellow a couple of times and go strait into GPS acquisition when I swap the battery strait away after a flight.
The other has always been slow.Sometimes on earlier FW it has taken over 3 minutes to warm up.
On 3.14 it would take 1.5 to 2 minutes for the initial warm up and after flights it would get about 15 seconds shorter with each battery swap if I swap them strait away.
On 3.16 it takes about 1.5 to 2 minutes to warm up.Faster on warm days,slower on cold days.
If I swap batteries strait away after flights it will only flash yellow a couple of times and go strait into GPS acquisition.
If I let the Phantom sit for five minutes or more between flights the warm up will be longer again.

My understanding is that the IMU "warm up" has nothing to do with ambient temperature at all. It's more of a "boot up" then actual "Warm up". I believe Colin addressed that in one of his videos.

It must have summat to do with ambient temperature because in one of the manuals it say that in very cold weather you may have to put tape over the vent holes to get enable the IMU to warm up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj