IMU Not Calibrating

Reaction score
IMU Basic calibration stalled half way through. Waited about 15 minutes then power cycled the phantom. Went back to Basic calibration it said “status idle” and nothing could be selected. So I tried the advanced calibration and waited 30 minutes and it stalled too. The controller started Beeping at 15 minutes and power led flashed until I turned it off.

This unit is new so I updated the software/firmware first, then calibrated the controller sticks, and finally got stuck during IMU calibration.

Suggestions appreciated.

Try leaving the bird off until it has completely cooled down, then fire her up and immediately begin when it is cool. Make sure it is level before you begin the calibration.

Make sure the unit is level, that nothing ferromagnetic is in the vincinity and that there are no movements and/or vibrations during the calibration process (e.g. bass from music). also putting the phantom in the fridge for some time and doing the calibration quickly once outside is said to help but i never had to do that.

Range extender was off. All better now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Dirty Bird said:
Try leaving the bird off until it has completely cooled down, then fire her up and immediately begin when it is cool. Make sure it is level before you begin the calibration.

+1
The master controller board = MC = Phantom is hot and can throw out the IMU's sensors.
Keep it off for 20 minutes or so and do the adv calibration the very moment you turn it on.
It should take 2-3 minutes.
Make sure you use a spirit bubble level otherwise she will fly with a tilt.

Once done, go outside in an open grassy area, away from rebar and metals and do the compass dance.

And your controller will beep after 10 minutes or so if inactive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers