IMU Error - after second day - Please help

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to drones. Just received mine two days ago from the US. I am in Namibia, Africa. Looked at a lot of you tube clips before I stared up everything. Thought that I had everything perfectly set. Flew a few times the first day. No crash. Tried yeasturday again and it gave me an IMU Error. How do I fix that? Its a Phantom 3 Professional

Hi

I am new to drones. Just received mine two days ago from the US. I am in Namibia, Africa. Looked at a lot of you tube clips before I stared up everything. Thought that I had everything perfectly set. Flew a few times the first day. No crash. Tried yeasturday again and it gave me an IMU Error. How do I fix that? Its a Phantom 3 Professional
hi let your aircraft heat up place it on a completely flat surface and under aircraft settings do an imu calibration once you have done that it should be fine I get an imu error message every time I start it up

it needs to be as cool as possible not heated up
I don't know why it has to be cold as the imu doesn't engage strait off the bat altho I have seen other people say it has to be cool.Also once my drone heats up the imu registers fine.

IMU needs to be cool and craft needs to be perfectally level front to back and side to side.

Yes new to P3P too. Took a while to learn that calibrating IMU was different to calibrating compass. Now it works brilliantly. So impressed and much quicker to set up and get airborne.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know why it has to be cold as the imu doesn't engage strait off the bat altho I have seen other people say it has to be cool.Also once my drone heats up the imu registers fine.
If you calibrate after the AC has warmed up you will get the "aircraft warming up message" after every power up. Your the first person i know has suggested a warm IMU cal. What is your suggestion based on? Is it with the intent of avoiding the issue some gave where the barometer reports lower than actual altitude towards the end of a flight?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic