IMU calibration

Reaction score
A question pls is it ok to do IMU calibration in doors ?

Its ok to do indoors.
advance compass calibration and IMU dance - just don't get them mixed up. :)

Excuse my ingorance but i was just planing to do the IMU calibration that is possible through the RC. I dont want to do any compas calibration i do that outdoors. I am more confused now... what dance? I only know about the compas dance . Can u pls explain in detail and step by step?

Whats the difference between advanced and normal?

Its ok to do indoors.
advance compass calibration and IMU dance - just don't get them mixed up. :)

I think he means 'Advanced IMU calibration and compass dance'

IMU is done through the assistant and only needs a level platform, Compass dance is done outside away from metal and electrical sources.

Reactions: dirkclod
Also interested in what you mean by the dance. Also, since the new DJI Go app came out, I can no longer find where to do an IMU calibration.

Compass dance is when you take your gal and spin her round the right way up then face her to the floor and do the same! ;)
Afraid I dont have a P3 just a lowly FC40 so have no idea about anything on the DJI go app :/

IMU is done through the assistant and only needs a level platform, Compass dance is done outside away from metal and electrical sources.
Thats what i thought. So can i do the RC triggered IMU cali indoors without sat reception (and compass error due to the indoor locstion) i.e. on the kitchen table?

Would have thought so... Dont quote me on that though. I always do advanced calibrations through the assistant on my PC and there is no gps there with the compass error you mentioned. No problems so far.

Compass dance is when you take your gal and spin her round the right way up then face her to the floor and do the same! ;)
Afraid I dont have a P3 just a lowly FC40 so have no idea about anything on the DJI go app :/
I know what i compas dance is but thank you brother for trying to help out. The other friend said "IMU dnace" thus the confusion.

Would have thought so... Dont quote me on that though. I always do advanced calibrations through the assistant on my PC and there is no gps there with the compass error you mentioned. No problems so far.
What is the difference between advaced PC assisted cali and RC DJIGO app assisted cali brother ? I will do what u guys recommend.

Lol.. the smiley face didn't work... I think we need a sarcasm font :)
P3 IMU is done via the GO app.
P2 IMU is done via the Phantom Assist app.
Do the IMU when the phantom has not been flown for and half hour. Do it the moment the phantom is turned on.

Sorry was replying to Rob for that one.Yea I think OP got it the wrong way round there :p

As for the DJI go version Im not the best person to talk to about that only using a naza FC. IMO advanced calli is what i use and no issues yet...

Do the IMU when the phantom has not been flown for and half hour. Do it the moment the phantom is turned on.

Fair enough! As I said im not the person to talk to about DJI-Go :p

I have a P3A so the conclusion is i do it indoors with the GJIGO app?

Also interested in what you mean by the dance. Also, since the new DJI Go app came out, I can no longer find where to do an IMU calibration.
When in the GoApp goto the MC Settings. (The small Phantom icon at the top left corner of the screen.) Then go to Sensors section, scroll down and you'll find the IMU Calibration Setting.

Thats what i thought. So can i do the RC triggered IMU cali indoors without sat reception (and compass error due to the indoor locstion) i.e. on the kitchen table?
Yes-- Do a "cold" IMU calibration indoors-- if you cool the Phantom slightly previous to doing the IMU calibration, it will go thru its "warm up procedure" quicker in the field before flying

Check this entire thread out. There are about 10 posts to the thread.

IMU Warning and slow warm up

Yes-- Do a "cold" IMU calibration indoors-- if you cool the Phantom slightly previous to doing the IMU calibration, it will go thru its "warm up procedure" quicker in the field before flying

Check this entire thread out. There are about 10 posts to the thread.

IMU Warning and slow warm up

I have yet to do the IMU and won't until I see the MOD values vary from 0 and 1. Mine are spot on.

I have yet to do the IMU and won't until I see the MOD values vary from 0 and 1. Mine are spot on.
If yours steady in flight -- no need to I suppose--

I just don't want to take the chance after a firmware update of something being goofy in the Inertial Measurement Unit-- a pretty sophisticated piece of hardware:)

Been through several updates. Always check the app. If it were the P2 and less feedback, I'd do it. But with this one you have the values right in front of you. If I crashed or something like that then I'd do it. But my P3 has been babied. Hand catch 99% of the time.

Also Auto Takoff is cool in the sense you can see how she reacts from the get go. Finger on the switch to go ATTI if something is wonky.

TEHO :)

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20