IMU Calibration

Reaction score
Hi folks. I had a bad crash last week and need to replace the shell. After did it an IMU check was done and the assistant find there is no need to do calibrate IMU. Should I do it or may skip. Thanks.

You can still do an advanced IMU calibration even if there is no need to. No ill effects.

I rarely advocate actions just for the sake of it but in this case, post crash, a full IMU calibration would be a good practice.

It's so easy too.

I made the full calibration but in every attempt the assistant fell the main controller too hot to do a good calibration. I let the quad off and cooling for an hour before the third calibration and it state that the main controller should let be cooled for 5 minutes. A bug?

Thanks! I assume and did a test fly after the new shell and she flew very proudly of the new ensemble. These things are well done. After a hard hit to a palm tree at about 20 mph and a fall from about 100' into concrete she only needs a new shell and is flying like new. :D
There she is:

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    986.2 KB · Views: 361
phantomi said:
Thanks! I assume and did a test fly after the new shell and she flew very proudly of the new ensemble. These things are well done. After a hard hit to a palm tree at about 20 mph and a fall from about 100' into concrete she only needs a new shell and is flying like new. :D
There she is:

great news! thanks for posting some positive feedback. we get a lot of the other kind :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj