IMU Calibration Error

Reaction score
OK, I tried on a level desktop per rockydog's advice. The IMU calibrate either doesn't start or it stalls at 2% complete. Any advice?

Thanks, Jim

I had a minor crash with my P3A. Fell about 4 feet to the ground after hitting a post during manual landing in a tight area. Two props broken. No other signs of damage. However, when I go through the normal startup procedure, it shows an IMU error and requires an IMU calibration. The IMU calibration stalls at 2% complete and a message appears that says unknown calibration error. I am not sure what sort of location I need to be in to do an IMU calibration. Can I do it indoors on my desk or should it be done in an open area like where I do a compass calibration? Also, any idea why the IMU calibration should fail?

DJI GO ver 2.7.2, AC ver 1.8.80, RC ver 1.60, Android ver 5.1.1

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Jim

Last edited:
Some people have had success by giving the bird a sharp rap on the opposite side from crash impact.
Then they are able to complete IMU calibration. I have never tried it. Only read about it.
Google "NO MC DATA-ACCELEROMETER FAILED"

Reactions: Oso
Never had a serious crash, or any IMU calibration issues to date.
One thing that often gets overlooked, is to cool down the drone before beginning your IMU calibration. I have placed mine outside in the eagle morning before dawn, or on occasion put it inside the frost free fridge for 15-20 minutes before beginning. But the cold IMU calibration, for me, has been mostly to greatly reduce the initial IMU warmup upon startup. For others it had also helped many correct a crooked horizon issue. When you are ready to begin, replace a warm battery in the chilled drone, and have the IMU calibration page open and ready when you turn the drone on, begin. I always do a fresh gimbal calibration right after.
Whether either of yours @Kevin Shuck or @hawkeye62, will finish the IMU calibration while chilled is only a calibrated guess. ;-) But please give it a try and see if it will kick in and finish the process for you.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20