IMU Calibration Error

Reaction score
I have been reading through threads for the passed half and hour similar to what problem I am having but have not found an answer yet. Just like most threads say it is telling me I need IMU calibration. I try to calibrate and it goes until 2% and says unknown error. I have updated firmware. It is currently 3.1.4 Also calibrated the compass and remote control. The only solution I could find on the threads have been to delete the app and reinstall it. I have tried that and it doesn't work. The only other one was to "slap it" on the battery. I have not tried that yet. Before I slap it is there anything other fix for this or a thread that tells me what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Ranger 007
Welcome the Forum!

Yes I recall the slapping, theory is or was the giro or giros are not spinning. Arguments were they are sold state they are not mechanical. I have decided that they are very small and do have to spin, etc. if they don't, then they would have no purpose.

Slap it. it is already broke, then let us know. ;)
or Contact DJI :rolleyes:

Rod

Yeah I read through that thread. I tried everything everyone suggested with nothing working. I did contact DJI today as usual 1 hour in to holding I gave up I was still 4th in line. I went for online chat support. They suggested everything I already did and naturally nothing worked. He then told me to format my memory card? I tried that and it did not work. He told me I would have to probably sent it in for repair. Anyone have other suggestions?

Is this a brand new Phantom or brand new Problem or Both?

Rod

I found this fix. I haven't tried I yet but I will tomorrow. Similar to the slap method but actually taking the IMU out and smacking it on a table. Like you said Rod, its already broke so why not. :D I'll let you know how it works. Heres the link to the method.

If your P3S is not modded/crashed/abused (or anything that DJI could use as an argument against your claim) I would send it in. The IMU should not do that, so I would definitely have it fixed under warranty, while you're still covered.

Reactions: Dennis3257
If your P3S is not modded/crashed/abused (or anything that DJI could use as an argument against your claim) I would send it in. The IMU should not do that, so I would definitely have it fixed under warranty, while you're still covered.
Hum, good point, I think I would get a ticket started with DJI, anyway.

Rod

Last edited:
Well I used WilliamM's video he posted. It worked like a charm, I'm back up and flying. Big thanks to WilliamM and everyone else who chimed in to help!
Your very welcome, it's great when things work out as planned and we can help each other out.

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Is this a brand new Phantom or brand new Problem or Both?

Rod
I also have this error. But my IMU shows normal in the menu but upon start up it shows IMU error. This happened when I updated the latest firmware but had much less than the specified battery level. Any ideas? Do I have anything to worry about?

I don't know, have you redone the IMU again?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20