Improve still picture quality

At first I was a bit dubious about the quality of the still images but over time have found them to be fairly good - especially when there is almost zero wind.
These pics are jpegs with minor tweaking in photoshop - I'm going to start shooting in Raw + jpeg but can't open raw images in my version of photoshop cs version 8... any ideas?

View attachment 34808
View attachment 34807
Is that a quidditch field??

These are all great pictures! But I'm still thinking that HDR with its multiple shots tends to blow out the highlights sometimes. So, depending on a photo's intended final use, it might be better to take single shots in RAW mode, then massage them with Bridge (Camera Raw) and Photoshop, or Lightroom. And if you're just shooting for fun, take JPEGs and post them! It all boils down to personal preference, of course.

These are all great pictures! But I'm still thinking that HDR with its multiple shots tends to blow out the highlights sometimes. So, depending on a photo's intended final use, it might be better to take single shots in RAW mode, then massage them with Bridge (Camera Raw) and Photoshop, or Lightroom. And if you're just shooting for fun, take JPEGs and post them! It all boils down to personal preference, of course.
That's certainly the temptation with HDR, but if done right I don't think it's too big a problem. However, like you, if working for anything other than a hobby I'd be skeptical of using HDR and would rather just work with single photos

At first I was a bit dubious about the quality of the still images but over time have found them to be fairly good - especially when there is almost zero wind.
These pics are jpegs with minor tweaking in photoshop - I'm going to start shooting in Raw + jpeg but can't open raw images in my version of photoshop cs version 8... any ideas?
Download the Adobe Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop. Adobe Camera Raw

Would it be possible to change glass in the uv filter to get more zoom? so you could be further away and get more zoom on for example a house?

bad idea?
Not so much a bad idea as it would be a very difficult one to pull off. One, someone would have to make the lens. Two, you'd have modify the controller to communicate with it, telling it when to zoom and such (if it wasn't fixed). There would be difficulty with focusing it. Three, actually, there's really no need for any more points. Those first two are enough haha

However, shooting at 4k, you can crop and still maintain quite a lot of detail

Not so much a bad idea as it would be a very difficult one to pull off. One, someone would have to make the lens. Two, you'd have modify the controller to communicate with it, telling it when to zoom and such (if it wasn't fixed). There would be difficulty with focusing it. Three, actually, there's really no need for any more points. Those first two are enough haha

Ragecams.com makes all kinds of lenses (fixed) for go pros and action cameras. They can modify your P3 camera.

DJI Phantom3 Modified W/Interchangeable Zoom Flat Lenses | HD Wearable Video Custom Mods By RageCams

Last edited:
Reactions: aenbacka and Arvidj

yeah i just thought to have it zoomed all the time. could be cool to get closer to stuff but still not fly too close. [emoji4]

Just do a Google search. There are lots of options currently for GoPro and more coming available for P3. There are options out there that appear to produce much better images over stock.

Pena_Still_2_sharpen_DxO.jpg
Shot from last night at Palacio Pena, Sintra - Portugal.
5 shot bracket. Mastered in Photoshop.

Shot from last night at Palacio Pena, Sintra - Portugal.
5 shot bracket. Mastered in Photoshop.
This is absolutely a great beautiful picture...congratulations!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic