Improve of the distance of my Drone

Reaction score
I have a windsurfer but I'm not getting as far as I'd like, any modifications I can make without opening the controller?

Attachments

• windsurfer far.png
    windsurfer far.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 1,161
You are expected to keep your UAV within your un-aided eyesight while operating. Flying BLOS (beyond line of sight) is not recommended.

Reactions: Paddyscotsman
You are expected to keep your UAV within your un-aided eyesight while operating. Flying BLOS (beyond line of sight) is not recommended.
I understand but I am wondering how I can improve the distance, but only if I am still able to see the drone

He could need it for another country as well.

How much more range will some one get with windsurfer? Technically speaking if they were not in the States and were somewhere where it's allowed.

I was thinking of getting it. Not for added range I wanted it if it would provide a more stable connection with the drone.

--Joe

He could need it for another country as well.

How much more range will some one get with windsurfer? Technically speaking if they were not in the States and were somewhere where it's allowed.

I was thinking of getting it. Not for added range I wanted it if it would provide a more stable connection with the drone.

--Joe
The original poster is in the USA lower 48.

Tomorrow I am going to test the phantoms connection with a directtv dish mounted on the controller, in theory this should increase the connections strength. I will let you know my findings.

Tomorrow I am going to test the phantoms connection with a directtv dish mounted on the controller, in theory this should increase the connections strength. I will let you know my findings.
Now this I wanna see! :eek:

It will help, but I really wanna see it!

Reactions: jason and Jay H
Again I'm doing this tomorrow I have the dish and will be testing it uploading my findings and taking lots of pictures.

If you have any suggestions, that aren't fly under 400 feet lol that would help a lot, like which way I should hold the controller, what way I should face, and what position I should be in. I also may have a bad connection because I'm in rural area surrounded by trees.

Wire the remote antennae to the dish, tape a broom handle to the back of the dish to aim the dish and aim it (like a parabolic microphone) at the bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj