Importing Media iOS and DGI App.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the search feature of this app, or my incompetence (probably this), but I can't find a post like this and I doubt I'm the first to ask...

I'm using a Phantom 4 and iPhone 6S.

I've shot the handful of videos I've got so far in 1080p and 4K, when connecting the P4 straight to the iPhone to import the media, it takes ages, which I expected because of the file size of 1080p and especially 4K.

When I try to play the file, I get the spinning cog, which I understand is when the device is processing your request.

My main question relates to the media in the editor of the DJI Go app.

Is this media imported during the actual flight, as it is much quicker to work with and it seems to be just there straight away!!!

Does anyone have any other tips for editing and processing?

Thanks in advance.

Clarkee.

(I've already read loads of helpful stuff on the forum.)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark C.
In your DJI Go app look in Editor and your pics and videos will be there. From there you can save to your camera roll on your phone. iPhone 6S already has iMovie, it can import from your camera roll and you can edit from there. Here is a tutorial for iPad but works the same on your phone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean the DGI app imports the full res files as the P4 records them?

In your DJI Go app look in Editor and your pics and videos will be there. From there you can save to your camera roll on your phone. iPhone 6S already has iMovie, it can import from your camera roll and you can edit from there. Here is a tutorial for iPad but works the same on your phone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean the DGI app imports the full res files as the P4 records them?

What ever your settings for the filming is imported. When DJI Go is installed there are DJI albums created in your camera roll.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers