Important news on FAA & Drones 3/7/14

Reaction score
I hope that is is okay to provide a link to this story:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2105800/ ... tk.rss_all

Looks like there will be some changes to FAA rules. Personally, I think that it should be legal to use the drones for commercial purposes, under 400', with the consent of persons or property owners appearing in photos or videos. In other words sell photos of property for home owners and or real estate agencies. In the case that identifiable persons are in photos, then a model release could be required.
Certainly, since the government can take our photos with surveillance satellites and aircraft WITHOUT consent, it only makes sense that citizens should have the above rights.
Perhaps the moderator would like to start a new topic for discussion on this matter and invite members to petition congress with some proposals.

Thanks for posting this. I had actually just logged on to share this news too. While my initial reaction as a commercial operator (viewpointaviation.com) is to be ecstatic, I'm also a pilot, and I can tell you from experience, the FAA HATES having it's balls stripped publicly like that. My fear is that they will now write regs that have much stronger teeth. Guess we'll see.

At any rate, thanks for the post.

huntflyer said:
Thanks for posting this. I had actually just logged on to share this news too. While my initial reaction as a commercial operator (viewpointaviation.com) is to be ecstatic, I'm also a pilot, and I can tell you from experience, the FAA HATES having it's balls stripped publicly like that. My fear is that they will now write regs that have much stronger teeth. Guess we'll see.

At any rate, thanks for the post.

I don't see this happening. They'll try, they'll huff and puff but It's just not going to happen and the judge said it perfectly. There's nothing that makes a drone any more dangerous when taking pics for profit, than just taking pics for fun.

There's more important things happening in Washington right now than starting a war on expensive toy aircraft. Amazon was really the one to screw the pooch on this for us.

I'm starting my advertising locally, tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl