IMPORTANT Battery update included in FW01.01.0410 update

Reaction score
DJI failed to mention in the release notes that a battery update was also included in the latest firmware. Your battery installed during the update will get the battery update as well. But in order to update your additional batteries please see this simple process courtesy of Lynh Phan over at Drone Owners Network.

How to update DJI Phantom 4 batteries FW01.01.0410.

Reactions: Drone Master
When I updated two of my four batteries, I got the "critical low voltage, aircraft landing" warning immediately after the battery update. Batteries were at 50% or more.

Thankfully, my P4 was sitting on my kitchen counter for all this. Hopefully it doesn't do that in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
When I updated two of my four batteries, I got the "critical low voltage, aircraft landing" warning immediately after the battery update. Batteries were at 50% or more.

Thankfully, my P4 was sitting on my kitchen counter for all this. Hopefully it doesn't do that in the air.

205acd274f683137db41938abacb5f49.jpg

That's really odd especially with 49% and 3.83 volts displayed in the app. I haven't had any issues with my batteries after updating them. Possibly after a power cycle on and off it won't come back. Keep us posted if it happens in the air.

Keep us posted if it happens in the air.

I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a glitch in the firmware that brings P4 units down at random. I read another account on the forums of someone flying after the firmware update and his battery triggered "critically low voltage" with plenty of charge...but the kicker is he forgot to update the battery firmware. So, maybe it's a bug on non-updated batteries. Hmm....

I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a glitch in the firmware that brings P4 units down at random. I read another account on the forums of someone flying after the firmware update and his battery triggered "critically low voltage" with plenty of charge...but the kicker is he forgot to update the battery firmware. So, maybe it's a bug on non-updated batteries. Hmm....
TK I don't think that it's a glitch in the firmware it self rather that this other person didn't update the batteries. The battery you have in the P4 during the bird 01.01.0410 firmware update gets the battery firmware update as well but the rest of your batteries need to be updated via the instructions above. I have not had any problems but this is bugging me so I'm charging a battery now and will do another test flight shortly just for the hell of it. I've had 10 flights with 4 different batteries since the update and all has been fine.

After you do the update you have to turn off the battery remove from the bird then reinstall in the bird and turn on. When I had done the update and opened the camera it still gave me critical battery voltage, only after I removed it from the craft and reinstalled did GO give the go. Went out and ran it down to 15% and all was good.

Reactions: Mike Drone7
After you do the update you have to turn off the battery remove from the bird then reinstall in the bird and turn on. When I had done the update and opened the camera it still gave me critical battery voltage, only after I removed it from the craft and reinstalled did GO give the go. Went out and ran it down to 15% and all was good.
Erised good to know. Hopefully this thread will help others out with the hidden DJI battery firmware update.

TK I don't think that it's a glitch in the firmware it self rather that this other person didn't update the batteries. The battery you have in the P4 during the bird 01.01.0410 firmware update gets the battery firmware update as well but the rest of your batteries need to be updated via the instructions above. I have not had any problems but this is bugging me so I'm charging a battery now and will do another test flight shortly just for the hell of it. I've had 10 flights with 4 different batteries since the update and all has been fine.

I did update the batteries individually. After updating two of them, the critically low voltage warning was thrown.

TK just curious what tablet are you using it looks like an Android? I have an iPad Air 2 with cellular data. Not sure if the iOS would make a difference but who knows. Still waiting a **** battery to charge to do another test flight. But I don't expect any difference from the previous 10 flights after the firmware update.

I did update the batteries individually. After updating two of them, the critically low voltage warning was thrown.

That is strange have you flown yet with any of the batteries?

TK just curious what tablet are you using it looks like an Android? I have an iPad Air 2 with cellular data. Not sure if the iOS would make a difference but who knows. Still waiting a **** battery to charge to do another test flight. But I don't expect any difference from the previous 10 flights after the firmware update.

This pic is from my iPhone 6s. I also use an iPad 2 Mini.

TK I just tested all four of my batteries down to 30% and no warnings. I flew out 2,000 feet with each (the max of my LOS) and had no problems.

I hope you have good luck resolving your issue.

If you like you can send a private message to me @Mike Drone 7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers