IMO, this is the worst thing DJI has put it's customers through.

Reaction score
Has anybody else gotten a promt to calibrate their sensors using the DJI Assistant 2 app? I got it right after startup, after the latest FW update. I'm gonna pass on this madness until they get a different method, or fix this one.

welcome to the club.
Thank you for the reply, and honestly, if had worked right the first try, I still think it's an awful lot of trouble to go through for something that is unlikely to help you in a real world situation. The sensors are great for preventing collisions at slow speeds into large objects, but not much good for avoiding things like tree branches at a higher rate of speed.

;) what are you doing flying around tree branches at a High rate of speed? o_O
I'm just messing with you:cool:
I was reading an article from a highly respected and experienced drone pilot, he said there are only two kinds of drone Pilots..
Those that have crashed and those that haven't yet.

Reactions: Ripper7620
To be honest, if I would have stuck it out until it worked before I flew yesterday, the downward sensors "might" have prevented me from almost going for a swim in the river. Although I suspect many people get a false sense of security from the sensors, and don't fully realize their limitations. I like the idea of the possibility that they "might" save me from myself at some point, but I fly under the assumption that I won't be able to count on them.

Has anybody else gotten a promt to calibrate their sensors using the DJI Assistant 2 app? I got it right after startup, after the latest FW update. I'm gonna pass on this madness until they get a different method, or fix this one.

I got that on my Mavic. Forward sensor warning then somewhere along the way told to calibrate with Assistant 2. Could not figure it out so flew it anyway. Recently sent it to my son in Norway. They have a DJI service store there. His Mavic was lost to a big tree in Hawaii recently. I just ordered a P4P+ Will get my Mavic back in December.

Reactions: Ripper7620

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers