ImmersionRC 600mW Settings

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a member for a month or so and have been reading a lot. I own the Vision + and now the Phantom 2 with the following;

600mW vTX
Black Pearl 7" 7 channel
Fatshark 13dbi panel antenna http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/immersionrc-spironet-58ghz-patch-antenna-639-p.asp
ImmersionRC Spyronet/Fatshark CP Antenna x 2 http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/immersion-rc-fatshark-58ghz-antenna-set-v2-464-p.asp
Go Pro 3 Hero+
H3 3D Gimbal

I've read a lot about the Immersion vTX, mainly to do with the issues with the 32 channel version. I've flown and all seems ok so far, the range doesn't seem like it will beat my Vision+ of 2400ft, but i'm struggling to get good positioning with the Fatshark Panel antenna.

I have a pic of my setup below;

redir

redir

What are the best settings to have the vTX on, channel 1 is selected at the moment which is 5740Mhz.

I could do with a semi-rigid cable for the Fatshark Panel, as it's angle is hard to aim correctly with the viewing angle of my screen. All built today, i had to change the gimbal vibration dampers from the really soft rubber to the fairly hard rubber, the weight of the go pro plus gimbal just seemed too much and my quad would shake. The props seem fine and tracking true so i hope this was it anyway...

What do you people think?

Great forum, helped me a lot so far.

You have an excellent combination. I have used both the 32 ch and the 7 ch Black Pearl with the Immersion and both worked the same as far as I could see.
I measured the output from the Immersion and as I recall the default 5740 had the most output. I have been over 1000meters with that setup.

Tom

Yes regarding ch1 that's what i had read too. That's what i'm set on, the gimbal dampers were to blame for the wobble, just too soft for all that weight.

I went to the soft black dampners also and it had the jitters. I reduced the gains to somewhere around 100 and it stopped the jitters and works well for my real estate photography needs.

T

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20