ImmersionRC 600mw mount

Reaction score
Just thought I would share a mount I found for this video transmitter. I wasn't happy with velcro holding to the bottom of the P2 as it wiggled a bit and didn't allow for easy maintenance. This mount is attached to the body using 3M wall mounting pads (not velcro style, no soft fuzziness on either half). The transmitter is held into the housing with the antenna. I like that it provides a stable mount and is available in other colors. I got it from shapeways.com and when using a coupon code for $10 off your first order, it came out to a little over $9 shipped.

ImmersionRC 600mw Protection Case by francischie on Shapeways

Immersion1.jpg Immersion2.jpg Immersion3.jpg

Looks good. What does it weigh?

Unfortunately, the only scale I have that small is for measuring sugar for bottling homebrew, and it's not that precise. It looks like it's between 6-8 grams with the 3m piece attached. The weight is negligible, IMO.

I already had a GoPro holder in my cart there so I just added one to my order. :)
I'll check mine when it comes. I went with blue to match my Bird.

I agree velcro wiggles around and looks cheap I went this route a simple carbon fiber plate with slots for tie wraps which securely hold the Vtx . What I like with this is the Vtx stays cool because it's not enclosed and you can easily adjust the angle so the antenna's in the perfect spot.
CF Vtx mount.JPG
CF Vtx mount antenna.JPG

Where did you get that? Looks like something I'd use, not worried about carbon fiber, unless it adds less weight than if it were plastic. Don't understand why I'm having such a hard time mounting this darn thing... I got 30lb. sticky tape yesterday and it still seems loose. Not sure if the heat from the device has something to do with it. I'm ready to weld the sucker on there... lol...

Where did you get that? Looks like something I'd use, not worried about carbon fiber, unless it adds less weight than if it were plastic. Don't understand why I'm having such a hard time mounting this darn thing... I got 30lb. sticky tape yesterday and it still seems loose. Not sure if the heat from the device has something to do with it. I'm ready to weld the sucker on there... lol...

Put the tape on the heatsink and it will stay put. I'm use 3M's extreme mounting tape it is black and a bit of a pain to remove. Picked it up in the paint department at Home Depot.
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_9144.jpg

I got mine in the paint department at Lowe's.. .lol... it's Scotch "Extremely Strong" (yep, that's exactly what the package says...). 30lb. capacity. I stuck it yesterday, checked it today, and it's holding pretty good so far, but I haven't flown it yet. Might fire it up later on indoors just to get the Vtx heated up to see what happens.

But now... I got the right-angle antenna adapter like you have, and the freaking antenna I have is too long! If it's not one thing it's another... sheesh...

What antennas do you have?

I got mine in the paint department at Lowe's.. .lol... it's Scotch "Extremely Strong" (yep, that's exactly what the package says...). 30lb. capacity. I stuck it yesterday, checked it today, and it's holding pretty good so far, but I haven't flown it yet. Might fire it up later on indoors just to get the Vtx heated up to see what happens.

But now... I got the right-angle antenna adapter like you have, and the freaking antenna I have is too long! If it's not one thing it's another... sheesh...

What antennas do you have?

I am using the AVL58 clover leaf RX antenna on both P2 and monitor as I have two sets. At the time the photos were taken the P2 had the clover leaf TX antenna install on it.

To me it looked like that could happen, so each time I mess with it I try to be very careful.

The immersion TX came with a heat shrink wrap covering the module so covering the heatsink with double sided tape is not going to cause a problem unless you have removed the heat shrink wrap.

The immersion TX came with a heat shrink wrap covering the module so covering the heatsink with double sided tape is not going to cause a problem unless you have removed the heat shrink wrap.

Nope, shrink wrap is still intact. I just cut a very small hole over the jumpers so I could get at them.

Got it on e bay 3K Carbon Fiber FPV Equipment Mounting Plate for DJI Phantom 1, 2, FC40 you can also get a double basically two mounts

Here's something that very few seem understand and that is the more weight you add to your quad the less flight time you'll have. For instants carbon fiber mounting plate adds more than 17 grams while 1 inch square piece of double back 3M extreme mounting tape doesn't even weigh 0.5 grams. My main interest is in keeping my craft in the air for as long as possible not the other way around.

I did'nt notice any difference at all in flight time , and I just like the clean install and the ability to remove the Vtx without ripping off 3M tape but that's just my opinion at the end of the day they all work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav