immersionrc 600mw antenna upgrades

Reaction score
Hey guys got most all my fpv stuff finally sorted our and up working . Now it's time to step up my antennas .. seen a bunch of videos via YouTube and read many many forums .. so I know for sure I'll be getting a flysight 14db patch antenna for the right side monitor side and on the left 5.8ghz aomway 8 turn helical circular polarization. The other one is up in the air after watching some comparisons on YouTube on the aomway vs fatshark aomway is half the price and from the looks of the video is less glitchy and all that, but I have seen good reviews on stoneblue and ibcrazy and fpvlr .. Looking for people who currently have whatever setup your suggesting with first hand experience with those antennas.

I use a patch and a fatshark on the monitor and a fatshark on the TX immersionRC I get very stable FPV

I'm looking to get a patch antenna but was confused when its says right side and left side. Does it matter which I get? My current set-up is a pair of Immersion circular polarized antennas. One on the right side of the Black Peark and one on the Phantom. Looking to get a better signal.

ImmersionRC SpiroNet 5.8GHz Circular Polarized Patch Antenna Right Hand

I'm looking to get a patch antenna but was confused when its says right side and left side. Does it matter which I get? My current set-up is a pair of Immersion circular polarized antennas. One on the right side of the Black Peark and one on the Phantom. Looking to get a better signal.

ImmersionRC SpiroNet 5.8GHz Circular Polarized Patch Antenna Right Hand

It has to do with the antenna itself, not where it's mounted on the BP. There is Right Hand Circular Polarization (RHCP) and Left Hand Circular Polarization (LHCP). Now I know that there are some super-smart people here that can explain the science behind it, but it ain't me! But the short part of it is that you should always match your antennas by CP, either get all RHCP or LHCP. I don't think either one is better than the other, but again that's a question for the smarter ones here...

And since the BP is a diversity receiver, it will switch to the antenna with the stronger signal.

EDIT: That antenna is the exact same one I have mounted to my BP... I 3D-printed the mount.

Controller Antennas.jpg

Last edited:
It has to do with the antenna itself, not where it's mounted on the BP. There is Right Hand Circular Polarization (RHCP) and Left Hand Circular Polarization (LHCP). Now I know that there are some super-smart people here that can explain the science behind it, but it ain't me! But the short part of it is that you should always match your antennas by CP, either get all RHCP or LHCP. I don't think either one is better than the other, but again that's a question for the smarter ones here...

And since the BP is a diversity receiver, it will switch to the antenna with the stronger signal.

EDIT: That antenna is the exact same one I have mounted to my BP... I 3D-printed the mount.

View attachment 37587

Will the patch antenna not mount right on the BP? I'm thinking might be a tight fit perhaps?

Has Anyone tried the 1000mW aomway transmitter?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yea, it's pretty tight, that's why I put the mount on. Makes it easier to point/move it.
Nice mount you have there. I just fitted mine with an Extention which fatshark make
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452667845.582057.jpg

Hey Noble 1 I tried the black pearl mamba 1000 mw Vtx , save your money , the immersion rc 600 mw Vtx is just as good if not better...

Im trying to decide if I should buy immersion 600mw tx with 2 Fatshark antennas for 120 or buy another fpv kit which includes a fully set up RTF plane with FPV installed Fatshark predator goggles, and osd plus upgrades for 300. What do you think? I have the money. I'm going to want another camera and osd eventually... And I can always sell the extra fatsharks right? There's more than 300 in that setup with just the goggles and transmitter and camera not to mention OSD and another bird with transmitter I can let my boy fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I personally don't like the goggles , but if that's what you like it dose'nt sound like a bad deal...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr