ImmersionRC - 5.8GHz 600mW Tx

Reaction score
hi ive just bought the ImmersionRC - 5.8GHz 600mW Tx with the blackpearl monitor and was wondering how good the range is with it with just the stock antennas that it comes with? is it really necessary to upgrade them to something like the spironet ones? cheers

A good thread here albeit it is rather a long.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8406&start=730

Good antennas are a must for good range and the results are mixed with the IRC600 & BP combo. I personally have no issue getting out to 3300m with that setup with a 5 turn helical on my BP and a Spironet on the Phantom.

I run a Boscam 400mW transmitter and a Boscam diversity receiver. I have BluBeam Ultra antennas plus a helical axial. Been out to 1800 meters with clear color picture. It's all about the antennas... you can have a 1000mW transmitter, but if you're using stock antennas your distance is limited.

U.M.

There is no best. What type of range to you want?. What type of flying do you do?

If you want a 500/600m FPV bubble all around you then the Spironets will be okay on there own. If you want longer range then you may want to also look at getting a helical for the Monitor as well. That is more directional and needs to be kept pointing at the Phantom.

Here is a good video that explains the types of antennas.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAWBXlUACU[/youtube]

well I probably want range up to 1000m I would say. my fpv setup is being delievered tomorrow so will test it out with the stock antenna and see what its like! do you know roughly what the range would be like with the stock antennas??
cheers

I get out to 400m+ with the rubber duckies that came with the FS250mw and BP. I have not tried the default ones with the IRC600.

There is a difference between c/p antennas in the quality. By that I mean how well tuned they are. I have tested several and have found some much better than others. I found the circular wireless SPW58 to be one of the best for the transmitter. The Immersion comes as a default freq of 5740 in most cases and the SWP58 is best at aprox. 5775 so they make a very good match.

Tom

Hi Welcome

I would suggest you read some of this, post

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8406

its a little deep in places but will give you an idea on what people are doing and distance, for the short run start at page 45 +

Personally I went for the horizon set of 3 , and they work out giving me well over 3km, the problem you have then is the battery

Simon

I have gotten 3000+ meters with that exact setup (RX-Tx) plus IBcrazy mad mushroom antennas and one 5 turn helical on the other antenna spot on the Black pearl.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie