Immersion EzUHF vs Taranis 9XD built-in radio

Reaction score
I would love to hear from someone who has experience with both the Immersion EzUHF module in their Taranis as well as the Taranis 9XD built-in radio.

My plan would be to use it with an EzUHF 8-channel Diversity Receiver in my P2

Does the EzUHF have better range than the Taranis' internal radio? By how much?

Is the EzUHF more reliable than the Taranis' internal radio?

I would love to know what you think, but I would love it even more if you know.

Thanks!

DattaGroover said:
I would love to hear from someone who has experience with both the Immersion EzUHF module in their Taranis as well as the Taranis 9XD built-in radio.

My plan would be to use it with an EzUHF 8-channel Diversity Receiver in my P2

Does the EzUHF have better range than the Taranis' internal radio? By how much?

Is the EzUHF more reliable than the Taranis' internal radio?

I would love to know what you think, but I would love it even more if you know.

Thanks!
Any thoughts on this?

While I am no expert, it is my understanding that the EZUHF (and Dragonlink as well) ONLY put out PPM signal, and that the P2 NAZA only accepts SBus signal, so an adapter of some kind will be required to go the UHF route. I have been scouring the boards about this, as I am a HAM holding an Extra class license, and would love to go UHF on my Phantom 2 as well.

LostAngel said:
While I am no expert, it is my understanding that the EZUHF (and Dragonlink as well) ONLY put out PPM signal, and that the P2 NAZA only accepts SBus signal, so an adapter of some kind will be required to go the UHF route. I have been scouring the boards about this, as I am a HAM holding an Extra class license, and would love to go UHF on my Phantom 2 as well.
I didn't know that. I assumed the EzUHF receiver was also SBus. In any case, I'm not planning to go that route as I got my internal Tx working better by re-positioning the antennas on the P2 and the Tx.

I'm also an Extra class, btw.

Did you find anything out on this? I'm getting okay performance from my Taranis now, but I would love a more powerful transmitter. It occasionally looses momentary signal @ 4-500 meters out. Not terrible (it always gets it back quickly), but I would love a more stable RF connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers