Immersion 600mw and ezosd issues

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm fairly new to Fpv and OSDs. Having had my first proper flight today using an immersion ezosd with immersion 600mw tx and immersion go pro cable. (Felt that going all immersion would remove the risk of any compatibility issues...) On my dji phantom. I'm running nimrod cloverleaf and squew planet antennas and was having a few issues. First I'm only getting about 50m of noise free fpv and about 100m of visible fpv before it gets impossible to see anything. I have been very careful about making sure there is always an antenna in the vtx at all times. My other larger problem is that my ezosd keept cutting out after about 4-5 mins of flight. First my distance would ramp up to 999 m with an alarm then the alt went to -141m then a huge amount of noise before the picture came back with no information on it atall... Anyone else experienced this issue before? I'm at a compete loss with nothing that I can find on the internet. Do I just have a deffectice osd? I've had it about a month or so with plenty of testing between then and now with range tests etc on a 25mw tx which got the same range as my 600 mw. Any ideas on what I should do would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Is it possible that you have turned the VTX on without the antenna attached before ?

Deffinitely not. I've been extremely careful with that. Could a k index of 4 have an impact on the GPS in the osd? Causing it to loose position? I head they blank data out if it good weird? Was the first time the 600 me had been turned on and in cloudy conditions. Could that make a difference? Also are UN cased clover leaf antennas very fragile? My black hawk 12db was receiving fine at range when it was pointing the right way, but I'd certainly hope it would!

I do have an sma to rp-sma adapter on it. Will that cause issues?

What receiver are you using and what antenna ? have you tested the right channels between the Tx and Rx for the best reception (quality and distance), because every Tx and Rx are different in the binding proses. I have never tried the Immersion EZosd but with the DJI iOSD i never had any problems. Here is a thread you should read about EZosd on a phantom ---> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3450

I'm using the black pearl diversity monitor. I've tried the Ezosd before this flight with a 25 mw which worked fine. There was thick cloud cover recently which I think may of been the issue with loosing GPS lock. I have a flytrex live too which recorded fine so I think it may of been a problem with the ezosd GPS since the nada worked fine. Thanks for the link too!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik