Image transmission range

This is always a _huge_ YMMV. Interference plays a huge factor and this can change greatly in the matter of miles. The answer to this question would be anywhere from 1/2 miles to around 3 miles (5KM). I've flown about 20 miles away from any wifi signal and about 1 miles away from any cell tower and got 1/2 mile range before the video dropped. I flew in another area about 100 miles away that was about 20 miles away from any signal and flew to 2.5 miles with full signal on both control and video. I turned back as I had no need to go further.

So in my case the answer is 1/2 mile to at least 2.5 miles.

If you connect your phone or tablet to your home wifi network and wander around the surrounding streets you will find that data throughout (and perhaps even whether you have a connection of not) will likely vary greatly. Even if at a similar distance from your router, and to the extent it could be maintained, within line of sight to your access point.

Your phantom control signal, and to the extent you aren't running a channel hack, the video downlink, both share the same 13 allocated channels that are allocated to Wifi, cordless phones and other equipment approved to operate in this part of the RF spectrum.

Your AC performs similarly to wifi (and other) equipment in that it will work with other devices to share available channels. Performance and quality of the connection will naturally decrease with larger numbers of devices operating close by, it may even fail depending on congestion.

I understand but on dji go app settings
under HD when u select manual and the image transmission settings always shows 3KM, I suppose it should say by default up to 5KM

If I recall correctly, DJI increase the max distance in their specs many months ago. I think the DJI Go app was just never updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers