Image Transmission Lost. Why?

Reaction score
Randomly the screen on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet will randomly suddenly freeze and go black and white during flights. I get a "Transmission Lost" message. When this happens, I do not lose control of the copter: I have a record of this when it happened twice during the same flight yesterday (see edited vid). In both cases, I did not engage RTH. The first time, I simply backed up and the transmission was restored. The second time it happened the copter was much closer. That second time, I still had control and visual contact too, so I let it hover up there. The wifi seemed connected, and I still had control, but I could not get the image back. So I closed the djigo app and re-opened it.and viola, back in business. WTF is going on? Is it the tablet? It seems like the controller and copter are fine- I can usually get to 2,000 to 2,500 feet with the factory set-up which seems about right.

I think you are right.
As it happens, I installed the ITELITE antenna, and in the first test it went 5,400 feet before I got nervous and turned around.
That antenna is more directional, and depending on how I held the controller, the same issue would surface until I aimed the controller down a bit, which I guess firmed up the link.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj