Image quality through Teleporter V3 goggles

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased the fatshark teleporter v3 kit. I am a first time fpv'er. I'm pretty impressed and I love that I know where I am now, but is there any way of getting a better image through the goggles?

Its hard to make out detail while flying with the goggles, which I thought was because of the low resolution in them, but after hooking they up to my dvd player I got a very clear image. Not as clear as the TV but still very impressive.

So this made me think it was the fault of the camera. Which is my main question. Would a better camera give me a sharper image on the goggles?

Do different channels effect image quality?

Cheers,

Dee.

Channels don't matter.

The teleporter is qvga, 320x240 its low resolution.

The predator is vga 640x480, and the dominator is svga 800x600.

Nothing HD yet, but afaik fatshark is coming with higher resolutions this year.

Thanks for the reply.

So would a better camera like a gopro give a better image through the goggles?

Cheers,

Dee.

No, I am afraid. You can put a 4k camera image on a 320x240 display, but it remains 320x240, low res.

The only way to get a better image is a goggle with a higher resolution, or use a monitor.

So this would mean that for the Teleporter, it's not worth getting a camera better than the Sony 420TVL?

And for the Predator at 640 a 700TVL camera is more than enough?

I'm also very new to FPV. This info would really help as I have Predator googles and need to replace my lost 600TVL camera, but really not sure what camera to get.

I cannot say anything about the quality of those camera's I use a Gopro, but the goggles have those resolutions, whatever you connect to them.

It has little use to connect a super camera to a 320x240 screen though.

Strange. Why was I getting a good image when the video feed was coming from the dvd player. Like I said it wasn't as clear as watching on a HD TV, but it was pretty good, far better than the image I get through the goggles with the camera.

Does an external video source change something?

Thanks.

Thats because your goggles are 320x240 and your dvd player is 1280x720 or something. Not strange.

Sorry for asking the same question over again. But does that not mean that say a 1080p image from a good camera would have the same effect?

So better picture in does make a difference? Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Yes you are :)

External video source does not make a difference.

320x240 stays 320x240 whatever you put in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub