Image out of Focus? Feedback needed.

Reaction score
DJI_0058.jpg

This is shot about 2.5 hours before sunset with the sun to my back. ISO 100 1/1300 Shutter. Saved in RAW and no edits made except it was brought into lightroom and phantom 3 pro camera profile applied to it, then exported to JPG. It was windy out but the camera seemed steady at the time. Any help you can give would be appreciated!

This is shot about 2.5 hours before sunset with the sun to my back. ISO 100 1/1300 Shutter. Saved in RAW and no edits made except it was brought into lightroom and phantom 3 pro camera profile applied to it, then exported to JPG. It was windy out but the camera seemed steady at the time. Any help you can give would be appreciated!
That's about what you get with a 12 MP camera with a tiny sensor.
It doesn't look out of focus at all.
It doesn't help when much of the photo is of "fuzzy" detail (fine leaved trees, fine textured rock etc) or distant background.

That's about what you get with a 12 MP camera with a tiny sensor.
It doesn't look out of focus at all.
It doesn't help when much of the photo is of "fuzzy" detail (fine leaved trees, fine textured rock etc) or distant background.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to start saving for a p4p :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yup ... Pretty much what you are going to get with that camera. Just sharpen it up a bit in "post". You will get pretty much the effect you're looking for!

Breaking news!!! I focused my p3p after weeks of disappointment with the image. I opened up the camera and refocused the lens. The pictures and video are now incredible. So happy!

I opened the back of the camera and removed 4 black screws from the board. Then removed the 2 silver screws holding the lens in place. Screwed off the lens cap on the front and removed rubber lens shroud. Then pushed the lens in until it came out. Then holding the metal lens base with Chanel locks unscrewed the lens counter clockwise until glue freed up. Then reinstalled in the [emoji327] and reinstalled the board and rear cover. Started the bird and adjusted the focus from the front with needle nose plyers rotating the lens until I had it focused on a chart about 4 feet away. Reinstalled the rubber shroud and lens cap. Can't believe the difference !! I have a p4p as well and it's very close to that now. If you need any info let me know here is a link to a video I used as a reference to access the lens. In this video that are swapping the lens but the main procedure is similar
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I opened the back of the camera and removed 4 black screws from the board. Then removed the 2 silver screws holding the lens in place. Screwed off the lens cap on the front and removed rubber lens shroud. Then pushed the lens in until it came out. Then holding the metal lens base with Chanel locks unscrewed the lens counter clockwise until glue freed up. Then reinstalled in the [emoji327] and reinstalled the board and rear cover. Started the bird and adjusted the focus from the front with needle nose plyers rotating the lens until I had it focused on a chart about 4 feet away. Reinstalled the rubber shroud and lens cap. Can't believe the difference !! I have a p4p as well and it's very close to that now. If you need any info let me know here is a link to a video I used as a reference to access the lens. In this video that are swapping the lens but the main procedure is similar
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Excellent - that's great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.