I'm wondering if I screwed up?

Reaction score
I Ordered a P3 standard.. now I'm looking for the tablet to run it.. with all the issues I'm reading about tablet compatability and connection errors and update problems, I'm wondering if the DJI was a mistake.
Maybe the Typhoon Q500g would've been easier for a newb?

I have 2 P3S and use either my Samsung S6 or Nexus 7 Gen 2 tablet and never have a problem with either one.

I use an ipad mini 2 and never had any connection issues

Nvidia Shield K8 No problems

Using the DJI GO app with your Phantom 3 Standard, and updating both the app and the aircraft seem to be two different things.

I had my Phantom 3 Standard on the way to me when the software/firmware update came out and some folks started to have problems updating their existing equipment. I have not done any software/firmware update attempts on my aircraft. I simply downloaded whatever version of the DJI GO app was available for downloading at the time I needed it. I have so far ignored any of the update requests that have appeared, and my iPad Air and Phantom 3 Standard are working just fine together.

Later, once things are calmed down enough for me, I will peruse some of the step-by-step instructions and videos to do the software/firmware update. Until then, everything is working fine for me, and assume they would work fine for you, too, as long as you pick a device from DJI's preferred device list that they posted.

smp

You don't need an expensive tablet, just make sure it has gps before you buy it. I paid $45 for a 7 inch android tablet and it works fine. I've never had any of the issues you read about on here. The vast majority of people with the Phantom 3 standard don't have any problems. I have the latest firmware too, and haven't experienced any problems with it, actually I've had my longest flight since updating to the latest firmware. If you are new to flying a quadcopter, go to an open area with no trees or buildings to get started, it's any easy drone to fly.

The typhoon looks like it has a nice display. .small but looks ok...also you still need to buy a gopro (doesn't look like the 500g comes with it) and it has less range and its way slower

Reactions: Tony Cowan
shield tablet plus have you seen inside a yuneec wow not much there look at inside a phantom wow a lot going on

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I use a Nvidia Shield K1 on my P3 Professional and have no problems except for some sun glare on bright days.. Hoping to buy a sun shade soon.

I Ordered a P3 standard.. now I'm looking for the tablet to run it.. with all the issues I'm reading about tablet compatability and connection errors and update problems, I'm wondering if the DJI was a mistake.
Maybe the Typhoon Q500g would've been easier for a newb?
Where did you buy it, any other words if fails in 30 days can you return it?

best sunshade for shield tablet
upload_2016-3-30_19-6-18.png

Reactions: azpilot61

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj