I'm thinking of leaving due to censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This really is a great forum but I'm getting really sick of 1 certain moderator censoring, editing and deleting posts. I know I'm not the only one that's really annoyed with him. Anytime there is a bit of bickering or arguing he's way too fast to jump in and be quite heavy handed with his policing. None of the other moderators carry on like him and I wish he could take a leaf out of their books and just back off. We're all adults here and sometimes disagreements break out thats only natural but we dont need to be treated like kids or like a government that wants to shut down UAV flying. There are plenty of other forums out there but I personally prefer this one but I'm really thinking of logging out of here for good if this keeps up.

I wonder will any other Moderators read this and take it on board before the certain moderator deletes, censors or edits this post.

In general, the mods have done a good job in cleaning this forum.

I think the answer to the issue you address, would be to leave posts alone unless reported by other members.

Some mods do indeed seem to judge based on their personal views.

Mal, All a bit cloak and dagger stuff. Who is the Mod? What are the posts? That's like saying 'I know who killed your best loved pet but I'm not telling you' I know I'm slow on the uptake. If we all knew what you were talking about we could also make an informed opinion at the minute it is uninformed. I hope this thread does not get deleted! Let free speech reign please.

I've seen a few deletions here...the Russian custom drone with a machine gun (really cool), more than one firework post. Not deal breakers for me. I am pretty sure Adam and mods set down guidelines for moderating so if its too heavy handed then it does take away from PP.

As you said most of us are adults but some post like children, as adults let the children play. And if some of the things said about me on here were in person face to face there would be some medical attention needed. Sorry I'm from Belfast but respect is everything.

I just backed off big time from posting due to bad attitude, maybe the mod in question just gets really miffed at forum anger? Anyway, remaining, for me the advantages far out weigh the disadvantages.

EDIT: OK I see the other post...

Ah its been going on a few weeks now, no need to name the moderator because they'll know who they are themselves and I know of a few people who have the same feelings about this Mod. Locking topics because they have been posted multiple times I understand but when someone alters the words of a post that a member has written is bang out of order and something I'd expect in North Korea.

Absolutely +1

I just stated this in the plus forum , here's what wrote,
"I'm wondering what is going on here with geert ? Going through post and deleting what he considers inappropriate ?
I've never seen this before. There's been numerous threads that he has edited , deleted , or locked because he dosent agree with the conversation. Check out the fpv booster thread where he deleted what he didn't like. Im not talking about recently , but back through the history of the thread ! Sure we get on each other and say things , and argue, but isn't this the way it works? Everything was fine in that thread , we moved on .. But he feels as if he has to go back and make revisions ?
What's is this the politically correct , don't disagree , and be gentle forum ? Yeah some newbys get hammered a little , but in my opinion , they need to research the forum a little bit or at least read the manual.
Hey I asked tons of questions in the beginning also, but I at least read the forum a little before i posted.
And yes we have had disagreements , and poke fun at each other , and needled each other. But thats part of the fun. And it's just not that thread , been happens a lot.
I dont think we need a censor deciding what he doesn't thinks proper , really going back and editing post and deleting history , sorry geert we moved on , why not you !"

Mal, for issues like this we'd really appreciate it if you could PM any of the other mods in the section(s) in question so we can review and address it as necessary. I understand things like this can be frustrating, but posting in the forum just adds unnecessary drama to the situation.

I confess I wasn't aware of any issues like this, but I'll be happy to go ahead and look in to it from our end.

OI Photography said:
Mal, for issues like this we'd really appreciate it if you could PM any of the other mods in the section(s) in question so we can review and address it as necessary. I understand things like this can be frustrating, but posting in the forum just adds unnecessary drama to the situation.

I confess I wasn't aware of any issues like this, but I'll be happy to go ahead and look in to it from our end.
Ok cool, please feel free to PM me if you need to know anything.

I have to disagree this is where we should discuss this , out in the open. I'm sure that certain mods aren't pming when they censor post and delete items.

Mori55 said:
I have to disagree this is where we should discuss this , out in the open. I'm sure that certain mods aren't pming when they censor post and delete items.

This does nothing productive other than getting people's emotions more fired up unnecessarily...there's no resolution that can be had from dragging this discussion out in to other threads and other sections. I can assure you it's already being discussed in the proper channels by those who are equipped to address it.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, to keep the overflow from this issue to a minimum. We'll be happy to discuss this matter offline with anyone who has any further input they would like to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik