Im sorry, DJI really is a joke!!

Reaction score
After the second time in 2 weeks from the first my shell gets a crack, whatever, I ship it to them.

Its fixed as I see now on the status screen of there website. I call up to make a simple shipping change 5 miles from my house to my job instead. I'm on the phone now over 40 FREAKING minutes!! The guy keeps putting me on hold every minute for 10 minutes at time!! just to pull up my case # it took him almost 15 minutes!

Now he comes back and tells me the shipping will now be longer because "they need to re-route"

I said NO!! thats impossible! there is no "rerouting" its going to the same UPS hub, WTH is wrong with this company!

Your post is confusing, and I am lost.
Why are you suddenly changing shipping locations? That creates a bunch of paper work, and rescheduling stuff. A big headache for everyone involved, but except you. Frustrated? Heck I would be too.
Why not have A neighbor watch for the delivery, and sign for it, or collect it for you, if not home? Be reasonable. Think of the much bigger picture please, and not just about yourself.

I understand your frustration, but DJI is shipping to every continent, and major city on the planet. Perhaps our moon and distant Mars too, of which I'm unsure. Haha

RedHotPoker

Why are you suddenly changing shipping locations? That creates a bunch of paper work, and rescheduling stuff. A big headache for everyone involved, but except you. Frustrated? Heck I would be too.
Why not have A neighbor watch for the delivery, and sign for it, or collect it for you, if not home? Be reasonable. Think of the much bigger picture please, and not just about yourself.

I understand your frustration, but DJI is shipping to every continent, and major city on the planet. Perhaps our moon and distant Mars too, of which I'm unsure. Haha

RedHotPoker
What he said.....don't change stuff. ....you're asking for trouble ....and we have to hear it

After the second time in 2 weeks from the first my shell gets a crack, whatever, I ship it to them.

Its fixed as I see now on the status screen of there website. I call up to make a simple shipping change 5 miles from my house to my job instead. I'm on the phone now over 40 FREAKING minutes!! The guy keeps putting me on hold every minute for 10 minutes at time!! just to pull up my case # it took him almost 15 minutes!

Now he comes back and tells me the shipping will now be longer because "they need to re-route"

I said NO!! thats impossible! there is no "rerouting" its going to the same UPS hub, WTH is wrong with this company!

Why not just contact UPS directly? That would be the smarter thing to do, seems to me your barking up the wrong tree.

Why not just contact UPS directly? That would be the smarter thing to do, seems to me your barking up the wrong tree.
Yes, if you simply create a UPS account for yourself you can be notified for all shipments to your address. This notification occures when the shipping paperwork is first created by the shipper, often before it leaves the shipper. At that point you can reroute shipments to other locations, and it's easy to do that online. You can even have your shipment delivered to your nearest UPS drop off location if you need to sign or you want to hide the shipment from others in your household (gifts, etc).

Reactions: Suhail78
Yes, they could even keep it for you at the nearest depot, for pickup.
Please bring proper identification, and have a lovely, great day... ;-)
There are obvious realistic options for you. So Do not, don't be put off, or let down. There will be morning light...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeiel Shamblee
I've gone about this about 100's of times in my life with shipping, with all sorts of companies and yes including the carrier.

I called UPS first, within seconds it was settled, DJI hasn't even shipped it yet, just created the label and it was told to me the best course was to have them change it on their side.
I called DJI and simply asked them to change the shipping address, it requires a signature, not a big deal. The guy I spoke with who barely spoke english is who I was frustrated with, the process is insane.

When I called and pressed my department # and after it told me I was #1 in the queue, it finally rang after the 5 minutes of music, then rang and rang and rang, after about another 2 minutes of just ringing I was about to hang up when someone answered, "hello" I said.. Nothing, then about another few seconds, the music again, now I'm #2 in the queue.

are you kidding?!?! finally after some time I get someone who sounds like its his first day not knowing what to ask, I finally ask him "do you want my case #" He says yes almost reluctantly, then tells me to hold on because he has to "look it up" 10 FULL minutes goes by. For a simple look up?? Are they not in front of computers.

Guys I get you want to defend them, I too have for the most part always defended them, even after reading the horror stories over and over, here and elsewhere, but for the most part my last dealings with them a few weeks ago was good, but this time for a simple shipping change took almost an hour of being put on hold over and over.
so yea, I think its a joke, I now completely understand the other stories from people who have dealt with the non communication, not getting updates/emails/status reports.

If this was already shipped it would have been fine, I also have an email from them stating "if you would like to change the address, call phone #" I simply follower the instructions

As it is DJI has a reputation for less than good customer service.

Another thing you can is once you have UPS tracking numbers call UPS and ask them to hold the package for you at the facility, that way you can go pick the package at your convenience without missing the delivery.

Reactions: Jeiel Shamblee

RedHotPoker
They don't ship them to the moon or Mars. That's where they go on fly aways.

They don't ship them to the moon or Mars. That's where they go on fly aways.
Yes, I know. I'm actually heading out there soon. I will retrieve them all, and one for you... Ha
My shuttle should be here shortly.
See you, when we return. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Aside from the shipping issue, customer service is the cause for a lot of unhappy customers to walk away from DJI products.

Personally I like their technology and products, I can't stand it when it comes to dealing with their customer service regarding warranty.
Nothing in life is perfect, in an ideal world, every drone would work perfectly, right out of the box. Unfortunately, in the real world, sometimes drones have problems. When problems happen, it’s important to have someone to turn to for help, this is where DJI falters.

The issue with the cracks in the shells in the P3A ; P3P line should not be happening period. Again nothing in life is perfect, if an issue is discovered with the quality of a product then DJI should take this very serious to make sure it doesn't ever happen again but it is happening. Customers who have sent their Phantoms in for warranty repair for the chronic cracks in the shells are reporting new cracks a few weeks\months later, some even a month after they received their Phantoms from DJI. At that point customers are back to the service line, having to deal with DJI's customer service again. One guy in this forum has sent his P3P back to DJI 3 times for the same issue (cracks in the shell), how can they (DJI) allow this happen?. I am not a DJI hater / lover however their customer service needs attention if they want to stay in business for the years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggle
There will be morning light...

"There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the ... "

ALRIGHT, stop it right there!

The OP is unrealistic when it comes to shipping issues, but is indeed experiencing bad service from DJI on the phone.

However, to create a thread on this forum for it is over the top. Is this drama suppose to help anything? On the DJI official forum would be one thing, but here?

Does he expect us to all throw down our DJI products and march with him to the DJI gates, torches and pitchforks in hand?

Reactions: N017RW and Suhail78
I don't think the fellow understands how complex logistic systems are. I suspect that DJI handles 100s if not 1,000s of shipments a day. Someone wants to change their address in the middle of the process, especially if the box has already been packed and labeled it will cause all sorts of problems for the logistic system. Who goes to find the box, who stamps out the new label etc., etc.

Reactions: N017RW
I've gone about this about 100's of times in my life with shipping, with all sorts of companies and yes including the carrier.

I called UPS first, within seconds it was settled, DJI hasn't even shipped it yet, just created the label and it was told to me the best course was to have them change it on their side.
I called DJI and simply asked them to change the shipping address, it requires a signature, not a big deal. The guy I spoke with who barely spoke english is who I was frustrated with, the process is insane.

Guys I get you want to defend them, I too have for the most part always defended them, even after reading the horror stories over and over, here and elsewhere, but for the most part my last dealings with them a few weeks ago was good, but this time for a simple shipping change took almost an hour of being put on hold over and over.
so yea, I think its a joke, I now completely understand the other stories from people who have dealt with the non communication, not getting updates/emails/status reports.

As DJI tracks thousands of customers drones through their facility and mails out thousands of drones, they cannot track one down every time a custom calls. Amazon has some of the _best_ customer service on the planet. Call them once they have processed an order and see if they can change something. They won't. This has been my experience with every company such as DJI. I'm no DJI lover (far from it) but in this case I don't see _any_ fault with DJI. I'd agree with everyone else... simply go online with UPS, create an account and change the address yourself. This is what I do when something requires a signature. It takes about 2 minutes (less time then to write this post).

As DJI tracks thousands of customers drones through their facility and mails out thousands of drones, they cannot track one down every time a custom calls. Amazon has some of the _best_ customer service on the planet. Call them once they have processed an order and see if they can change something. They won't. This has been my experience with every company such as DJI. I'm no DJI lover (far from it) but in this case I don't see _any_ fault with DJI. I'd agree with everyone else... simply go online with UPS, create an account and change the address yourself. This is what I do when something requires a signature. It takes about 2 minutes (less time then to write this post).

lol WRONG!! I've changed a shipping address with amazon many many times over the years with ZERO issues.

The excuses some of you are making is outrageous, guess what, within 5 minutes of me hanging up, IT WAS DONE!!!!!!!! so I have no clue what all the defending is about. I have a UPS account/USPS account, once again if you would have read what I wrote, UPS stated it easier at this point in the process for them to change it NOW, just like the email I received from DJI that stated if I need to change the address to call them.

Even if it this process is a logistical nightmare (which its not, I work in the top 3 supply chain companies) to keep a customer on the phone for that long for something so easy is unacceptable

"There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the ... "

ALRIGHT, stop it right there!

The OP is unrealistic when it comes to shipping issues, but is indeed experiencing bad service from DJI on the phone.

However, to create a thread on this forum for it is over the top. Is this drama suppose to help anything? On the DJI official forum would be one thing, but here?

Does he expect us to all throw down our DJI products and march with him to the DJI gates, torches and pitchforks in hand?
I love my drone, but of company policy, perhaps not so much.
Ok, let's forget about what George Carlin might have said here.
Instead consider the words of brilliant musical genius Frank Zappa:
"There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.”
Frank Zappa

RedHotPoker

lol WRONG!! I've changed a shipping address with amazon many many times over the years with ZERO issues.

The excuses some of you are making is outrageous, guess what, within 5 minutes of me hanging up, IT WAS DONE!!!!!!!! so I have no clue what all the defending is about. I have a UPS account/USPS account, once again if you would have read what I wrote, UPS stated it easier at this point in the process for them to change it NOW, just like the email I received from DJI that stated if I need to change the address to call them.

Even if it this process is a logistical nightmare (which its not, I work in the top 3 supply chain companies) to keep a customer on the phone for that long for something so easy is unacceptable
You might change the post title then. "DJI policy frustrated me!"

RedHotPoker

642a24ff3a6b6ab1aa3d6aa302eca404.jpg

Reactions: Suhail78

There you go... problem solved. No one here can change how DJI operates so we can't help with that. You may want to send DJI an email and explain your complaint to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav