Im new to this!!! Need Help!! Phantom 3 standard drone no usb port on remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I currently bought a Phantom 3 Standard.. Tried to sync remote to phone using Wifi.. Says Internet is unavailable. There is no spot on Remote to connect usb cable to phone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd highly recommend that you review the online manual if you've not done so.

Turn the controller and WiFi booster on. Turn the P3S on and allow it to connect. Turn your phone on and go into WiFi settings. Search for new WiFi connections and select the Phantom.

Reactions: Summerpaws
I currently bought a Phantom 3 Standard.. Tried to sync remote to phone using Wifi.. Says Internet is unavailable. There is no spot on Remote to connect usb cable to phone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Is this not what your controller looks like? I don't own a "3", but Google says this is a "3 Standard" controller. Someone that has a "3 Standard" will jump in and help you soon.
DJI-Phantom-3-Standard-Quadcopter-control-800x445h.jpg

Everything was turned on. Phantom does come up and connects then after a min it says no Internet connection available. I've done everything the site said also. Nothing is connecting.

Is this not what your controller looks like? I don't own a "3", but Google says this is a "3 Standard" controller. Someone that has a "3 Standard" will jump in and help you soon.
No my controller doesn't have the usb port...

This is mine... Nothing in back just the small port in bottom.. and the spot for the phone to attach on
dji-phantom-3-standard-remote-controller-5-8-part-74-p3part74-dji-b81.png

With the Standard, you connect your device to the RC WiFi, and then the DJI GO app will detect the AC and allow you to view the video feed, change the settings, enable special flight modes, etc.
If your device is WiFi-only (e.g. a tablet without cellular), then it will not be connected to the Internet when connected to the P3S WiFi, but that's not a problem and certainly doesn't prevent DJI GO from connecting to the AC.

Reactions: MarcOD
Hi Sheena

I'm new to the Phantom as well but I had my first flight this evening!

What I did was turn on the controller, Phantom, and then open the app (in that order).

When you're connecting to the Phantom the WiFi will indeed say no internet connection (because there isn't one, this connection is only between the phantom and controller).

Once you've done this you should see an button in the app marked camera, and this should lead to the live view from the Phantom.

Okay I have connected and went to the live view... But saying Remote Control signal weak. Showing a black screen.

Hi Sheena

I'm new to the Phantom as well but I had my first flight this evening!

What I did was turn on the controller, Phantom, and then open the app (in that order).

When you're connecting to the Phantom the WiFi will indeed say no internet connection (because there isn't one, this connection is only between the phantom and controller).

Once you've done this you should see an button in the app marked camera, and this should lead to the live view from the Phantom.
Thank you.

Reactions: Proud_Hufflepuff
Yes, that's the P3S RC, and the USB at the bottom is only for charging. Don't panic, take your time and read the manual once, from top to finish.
Here's a link to the PDF version of the manual: Phantom 3 Standard User Manual (EN) v1.4
Finally got to the live View section.... Says signal is weak with a black screen... How do I go about that lol I'm sorry ive never even owned one of these so when I say I'm new I'm reallyyyyyy new

P3 4K TX looks like that crack .

Ok, welcome to the forum! I think, I know what's wrong. Yes the P3S remote does not have a USB plug, it connects through the drones WIFI, note this WIFI does not have internet and that you don't need it. What device are you connecting to? It may not be compatible

So ok all u have to do is download DJI GO app turn on app,load camera option to view black screen. While control is on and DJI go app it on with camera view.back out without closing DJI app(keep app running don't close).
Then go to your Wi-Fi option on your phone and look for (phantom 3 ) option under Wi-Fi and click. Well that's great now you're connect. but no Wi-Fi that is what it will say, you are now connect. Click once then click and hold second time for two seconds to three Second on battery while securely in quad copter. Will take up to A minute to warm up quad copter. After warm up quad copter will do A quick 15 to 20 second update of GPS positioning of home take of point then after that u should be able to fly.
But u will have to update before u can fly. If there is an available update you will have to update before the quad copter will allow you to fly. Update includes new features and any new mapping GPS features or more...

To update make sure again your control it turned on with full power same with quad copters battery. Open DJI go app. Temporarily back out and go to Wi-Fi options and connect to phantom 3 and wait to see connection made. Go back and open up DJ I go app while still connected to phantom3 Wi-Fi. When you first Open your phantom three you will have to update before any flight.when you open the app and see that there is a available update click the update option on the top of app,then continue to temporarily back out of DJI app log into your Home or local Wi-Fi after log into Home or local Wi-Fi open back up DJI app that was temporarily suspended and complete the download while in app. After a download is complete temporarily back out of DJI app and go to Wi-Fi options again and log into phantoms free Wi-Fi then back out and go back into DJ I app and then complete installation of download.

Everything was turned on. Phantom does come up and connects then after a min it says no Internet connection available. I've done everything the site said also. Nothing is connecting.

That is normal .... IGNORE the warning of no Internet .... it has no bearing on flying the P3S.

Internet is NOT needed to fly. I have this warning everytime I power up and connect ... its an item related to later Android versions.

Nigel

Reactions: MarcOD

That is definitely NOT a Standard controller .... that is more like the Advanced / Pro version.

Nigel

Reactions: SteelWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie