I'm looking for a simple wifi amplification system

Reaction score
Hello.. When you do a search to find out how to boost the wifi signal for the 2+, you get pictures with all these high-tech modifications.. various Amplifiers, helical antenna, wifi booster applications, various antenna dangling from the copter etc. etc. ... However.. I'm simply looking for a booster system, where I don't have to worry about my I-phone image locking up, while the copter is still visible, within 1,500 feet.. I'm really not that interested in being able to fly 5 miles away.. I know, someone will mention getting a different antenna, but rather I'm looking for something that will amplify the signal enough, so the screen won't lock up, but yet be simple enough to attach to the current system, without having to take the whole copter or transmitter apart.. Can anyone help in this respect? Thanks

No.. I've heard mention of these, but not sure if I can get something like this for my galaxy Samsung S3, or moverio glasses.. Has anyone had any luck with this route?

obiwan_pierogi said:
No.. I've heard mention of these, but not sure if I can get something like this for my galaxy Samsung S3, or moverio glasses.. Has anyone had any luck with this route?

Not sure about the Moverio glasses but for your S3 there are several Vision+ Booster apps available in the Android market. Lots of people use them with success.

As DB mentioned a booster app is what you need.
Expected extended range from 50 to 100% as what you now have.
Its the ideal solution if you want to keep things original.

LOL.. I'm not an idiot when it comes to electronics, but it didn't strike me that the wifi extender is a "directional" antenna.. Thus, if you leave it the way it's positioned on the transmitter, you'll end up like me, with the picture locking up at 1,200 feet.. Well, I turned it on its edge, such that the top was facing in the direction of my copter.. Surprise, surprise.. Check out my video.. I made it to 2,900 feet, before the connection was lost.. I reversed my direction, and within seconds the picture came back on.. I honestly don't remember reading this in the instructions.. Ie: "turn the wifi extender, so the top flat part is facing towards the copter, to get the best wifi connection".. I guess, I don't really need any amplification after all.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a28YlIz ... e=youtu.be

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4