Im looking for a licensed Expert on Phantoms

Reaction score
Hi All
I have an unusual request which hopefully someone on Phantom Pilots can help me. Unfortunately I recently purchased a new DJI Phantom 3 Professional of a seller on EBay. After waiting six weeks and having the parcel that was supposed to be my Phantom turn up on my door step, and find out that inside the box was a small black wall clock. I wont try to explain how I felt at the time but I was far from impressed.
I have been thru the appropriate steps to claim my money back from PayPal, But I have hit a road block and have had to approach my Bank, The Commonwealth bank of Australia who are keen to help me out with recovering my money.
The bank has asked me for some details regarding the purchase of the Phantom. One requirement I need is the following. I hoping someone here can help me out as I'm keen to recover my money as soon as possible so can buy my P3P.
If you can please PM me and I can give you my Email address. I have inserted a picture of the clock below.
I Will be so grateful if some one could help me out.
The Bank Request is as follows:
An independent assessment from a licensed expert, written on their business

letterhead. This will need to explain the difference between what you were promised

and what you actually received (required by industry rules)

It does sound a bit silly but this what the bank requires by law in Australia.

I was Promised
DJI Phantom 3 Professional RC Drone QuadCopter 2 Battery COMBO W/GPS 4K Camera.

I received this

IMG_4440_zpsbjlopwyf.jpg

Start a return request on ebay and follow the proper procedure and ebay will get you your money back. Also file a return request with paypal if needed. Both have been very helpful to me in the past.

Edit: I see you already filed with paypal. Sorry, must have read too fast on that section.

Unfortunately I was persuaded by the seller to make 2 payments, Yes this is out of the normal, But as I was using PayPal I though I was safe. After 3 weeks of waiting for my Phantom I placed a dispute with PayPal as my package had seemed to have disappeared somewhere between Malaysia and Australia. This dispute ended up going towards the Sellers favour as the tracking became active once it arrived in Australia. So one of the payments has become my road block. I have recovered the other payment, and the PayPal representative had advised me to get my bank involved to appeal the payment.
I have already approached DJI but they just want to know who the seller is.

Maybe there is a business owner or professional who sells the DJI products of uses them for their business that can help me.
Any help would be appreciated .

Can you not use any local authority? Like when you have to get a passport.
Like a police officer, lawyer, doctor.

How about you local model flying club. Surely someone there knows the difference between a Phantom and a clock.

I had a situation some years ago with ebay, I filed a police report and sent that to ebay.
I had my money back within a day.

Cleary the seller is fraudulent.

Get a police report.

I agree with robinb, you could go about it with your bank but as soon as you get the police involved you will get your money back sooner.

They don't say exactly what kind of 'licensed expert' one needs to be. Maybe get your local plumber to write up the appropriate verbiage on his 'letterhead' and send it to the Authorities. Or the electrician, hairdresser or anybody with a business license.

Can I ask the sellers stance on this. What have they said to you? If the package has been hijacked they will be as keen as you to get to the bottom of it as they will have insurance on the shipment. Are they still selling on eBay, what's their reputation score and what country are they located in?

As a commercial seller on Ebay (not drones) I have never, ever won a case where's there's been a dispute. EBay has always, in my experience, supported the buyer irrespective of the circumstances. This seller must be very savy if he's avoided Ebay acting on your behalf.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is a classic bait and switch. Send something of similar weight and size but of no value and then claim you shipped the correct item.

This is a classic bait and switch. Send something of similar weight and size but of no value and then claim you shipped the correct item.
This is why I asked what the sellers reputation looked like. If eBay has one useful feature it's to enable buyers to purchase on reputation and not just price.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I also would like to know how to resolve those cases :

I ship the right item to the buyer and he asks for a refund because he tells Ebay that I have shipped some s**t inside the box. How to proove my or his side ? It is really scary because people can loose a lot that way, I can really put anything of the exact same weight and ship to the buyer, how can he proove that the bird wasnt in there ?

Luckily I have never got anything like that and I especially make sure that I send what I sell and even sometimes more but there must be some way of recording video proof while packaging or maybe even unpackaging at buyers place ?

Buyers can see the clock was inside and get the Phantom and the refund or the seller can say I have shipped like sold and I ship book and get my money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20