im hooked and i need solid advise

Reaction score
Ok guys i just bben playing around with the phantom and im hooked

i really want to build a dji 550....so my question is what dji flight controller do i want to get...i want something to be able to expand in thefuture.

I need the same functions as the vision....gps atti return hom....but i need something to be able to attach a go pro

I know the kit comes with esc motors props...but will i need a reciever...????? i have a dx8 so will i need a reciver, my other flight controlls double as a reciver and my flybarless unit...im new to the quad scene so any and all info is what i need

thanks guys this is amazing LOLOLOL

propwash3d said:
Ok guys i just bben playing around with the phantom and im hooked

i really want to build a dji 550....so my question is what dji flight controller do i want to get...i want something to be able to expand in thefuture.

I need the same functions as the vision....gps atti return hom....but i need something to be able to attach a go pro

I know the kit comes with esc motors props...but will i need a reciever...????? i have a dx8 so will i need a reciver, my other flight controlls double as a reciver and my flybarless unit...im new to the quad scene so any and all info is what i need

thanks guys this is amazing LOLOLOL

Here, let me save you the trouble of building and just jump into a RTF. That's how I got mine and I'm loving it.
So far, I've added LED lights to the arms and upgraded the radio to a Spektrum DX7s.

http://www.helipal.com/dji-flamewheel-f550-w-naza-v2-gps-drone-rtf.html

propwash3d said:
....so my question is what dji flight controller do i want to get...

Anything you get that uses a NAZA v2 flight controller (like the kit Fangs linked above) will work nearly identical to the experience you're used to in the Phantom, if you've ever switched to "NAZA mode" in the assistant software.

yeah thanks guys...i figured that was the one.....now another question some of the HIgher end dji stabalization units....what differnt stuff to they do...i read aboutthem but i dont quite understand them..'

ace1 they just relased a new flag ship

propwash3d said:
yeah thanks guys...i figured that was the one.....now another question some of the HIgher end dji stabalization units....what differnt stuff to they do...i read aboutthem but i dont quite understand them..'

ace1 they just relased a new flag ship

The Wookong is the next step up from the NAZA, and the main difference (aside from minor settings in the assistant software) is the addition of a separate dedicated IMU unit as opposed to the basic one stuffed in the NAZA. The one I have does give remarkably stable flight charactaristics, but admittedly I've only tested it on a hex and not a quad.

The A2 (which has actually been out for a few months) seems to be a Wookong with some extra bells-n-whistles such as a full receiver integrated in to the control module.

Both the Wookong and A2 have a "better" GPS/compass module, but I'm not sure exactly the difference is. They'll both also allow 50 waypoints with the groundstation as opposed to the NAZA's 16.

I also have the P2V and i just ordered DJI f550 combo kit for 799.00,Futaba 8FG Super 2.4GHz 14-Channel Radio,and a PULSE 4S 6600 Battery from aerial media pros :)

I had a P2 which got lost a few weeks back so I replaced it with another P2 but also a RTF 550 with Naza V2. I love the P2 for its unparalleled flight times with its amazing batteries but I also love the 550 for the fact I can pull it apart and tinker. The flight times so far from the 550 are not great due to the 2200mah batteries it arrived with but like all things, half the fun is building and improving your quad (or hex), and the other half is flying it.

I'd also recommend a 550 RTF instead of an ARF or kit. There's plenty of tinkering and soldering without having to worry about the hard stuff too

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20