I'm Doing a FC Swap and I Have a Problem...

Reaction score
I just put in a naze32 with not too much trouble. I can spin up the motors and whatnot in cleanflight now. THe only problem I am having is with my dji transmitter. It is not being received in the software or by the Naze at all. I am confused by the receiver because it has 2 ppm cables instead of just one. I'm not sure what to make of it. The receiver and transmitter have power but the signal is not getting from the receiver to the flight controller. THis is a Phantom 1.1.1 so I think it has the Phantom 2 receiver. How should I wire this up to get my transmitter to work? I know this is a strange question. But I wanted to see if you guys could help out. THanks!!

It may sound dumb, but do you have the RC set to the D-bus or S-bus option? The 1.1.1 is not PPM, so if you have that selected, it won't recognize any commands, but still bind.

The stock receiver used D-bus / S-bus so you will need to switch the naze to sbus input not ppm. You might need to flash the naze with clean flight instead of base flight to get this working as I don't think base flight supports S-bus. As for which wire... you only need one but I can't remember which one. Try one and see how it goes. Hope this helps.

I have the Receiver Mode set to "RX_Serial (Serial-based receiver (SPEKSAT, SBUS, SUMD))" and I have Serial Receiver Provider set to SBUS, no luck. Also, I figured out which wire to use so that is no longer an issue.

Okay, check on the receiver tab now and make sure that the correct channel mapping is selected. I'm not sure which one would be correct for DJI but for my futaba it's AETR1234. If that's already selected try experimenting with the other options. This might sound stupid but how is your receiver plugged into you board? Should be like this...

See where the ground pin is located.

You're probably plugged in okay but it's worth checking. Main thing is experiment with channel mapping. Dji is probably being weird and different like apple with their own maps! We all know how apple maps went now...!

Attachments

• Naze Polarity.jpg
    Naze Polarity.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,312
Last night I got a glimmer of hope. I set everything up as a serial rx and used spektrum instead of sbus because sbus was not working. I put my signal pin from the rx into the slot below the ground on the naze. That showed me some feedback in cleanflight. But it was not right at all. Sticks would move randomly and with strange values. I tried a couple other slots (but not all) on the naze with no such luck. Does this give you any hint as to what is happening?

So strange... Im at a loss im afraid... Id keep experimenting with different channel maps etc... maybe re flash with a different software and follow what this guy says to the T

I'm sorry I cant be more help, but I've never heard of a problem like that before. Id start over. Let me know if you have any more issues. It might just be as simple as the naze doesn't work with a dji controller. I've tried a bit of goggling and can't find anyone else trying to use that combo... Do you have another RC you can use? Might be time to buy a second receiver for that one!

Yeah idk what was up with my phantom transmitter. I put a turnigy receiver in it yesterday and everything works fine! So maybe the DJI controller isbjust not compatible. Weird, but oh well. Its flying now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik