im a huge fan of...

Reaction score
hi guys.

i bet this has happened to you; i have flyed my quad about 25 times, and about 18 times i have answered the common questions -a) it's quad not a drone, b) expensive, c) the internet, d)high, e) no way- but i also have had the following conversations, which im a huge fan of.

- only 18 mintues? well, my friend also has one which flights about 30 mintues. i cant remember which brand is it, but im pretty sure i flyes at least 30 minutes..
- yeah, my cousin also has a phantom, but it carries a dslr, why dont you carry one?
- only 1,000 meters? my uncle has one which takes off from roof garden and flyes about 10-12 kms away. you should try it

have you had conversations like this ones?
share them, im pretty sure well have a good time reading them :)

Yea, humm.... It's what I call a Peeing Contest (yea, I use the other word for Peeing). I can't tell where you are located but I owned a 427 Cobra (replica) for 7 years and I heard every story possible. Fast cars do not have anything to do with the size of your.... feet. These conversations were more frequent with persons from the North. Well I have a Ferrari and I have a Twin Turbo 911 and my friends brother has a Real One. "So you want to go for a Ride"? (The Porsche owner turned white and screamed like a little girl on his first 30 to 130 mph and then jam the brakes on and he bout crapped his pants a second time. I guess it's just the thing to say "Well, My Pals Thing Is Bigger". Being an "A" Type, I'm like, "So does he live near by"? I've shied away from people so far with the Phantom 'cause I know what they'll ask and I honestly hate to tell them. The Cobra is gone but I can still do a 3.9 second 0-60 and don't have to answer the same questions when I get gas.

I know it's coming with the Phantom... I'm not looking forward to it.

720d87be-d849-481f-9e64-17b03234fd0a_zps6d041dc2.jpg

I know these are all in fun... but I'm starting to feel like I'm the only Phantom pilot that LIKES to talk to spectators and answer their questions. Lol

Absoulutly ;)

tferrari said:
I guess there's no spellcheck in that program.. lol!

No, thats just how Canadians spell certain words like labour, colour, favourite, candour, flavour, behaviour and the list goes on. They sure like their U's so maybe absolutely is OK? :lol:

ProfessorStein said:
I know these are all in fun... but I'm starting to feel like I'm the only Phantom pilot that LIKES to talk to spectators and answer their questions. Lol

The cards I made are for fun and actually promote dialogue when I am out flying. ;)

Typically it's more the British than the FC but hey, since you live 'next door' to them... :lol:

LuvMyTJ said:
tferrari said:
I guess there's no spellcheck in that program.. lol!

Naw, thats just how Canadians spell certain words like labour, colour, favourite, candour, flavour, behaviour and the list goes on. They sure like their U's so maybe absoulutely is OK? :lol:

Haha, being a Canadian myself, I must say I have absuloutouuly never seen it spelled that way. :p

I don't believe there's anywhere that "absoulutly" is considered correct spelling. Certainly not in the UK :).

HarryT said:
What is your question "E"? "Can I have a go?"

Yes sir.

A) What is it?
B) How much does it cost?
C) How high does it go?
D) Where did you get it?
E) Can I try it?

Haha! Tferrari's works as an alternate. :lol:

dirkclod said:
Oh Yea ?? Well I bet mine picks up more chicks !!! [now I just look at em though ] :lol:

Yeah same here... I just forget what I'm supposed to do with 'em... :shock:

exterior3.jpg

engine38.jpg

One that I seem to get is comments from people about how good they'd be for spying on people. I explain that they would only be any good for spying on deaf people, Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The other thing to do is just make **** up to confuse people. Start by telling them the Phantom can fly to a range of 150 miles on one tank of gas, they come from factory as a .22 but can be upgraded to 9mm and they can intercept mobile phone calls and they can fly under water.

That will make your next conversation with a bystander slightly more interesting, I promise.

PetePerrim said:
The other thing to do is just make **** up to confuse people. Start by telling them the Phantom can fly to a range of 150 miles on one tank of gas, they come from factory as a .22 but can be upgraded to 9mm and they can intercept mobile phone calls and they can fly under water.

I'm not sure about the underwater capabilities --- but is 150 mile range and weaponized UAV's really that far-fetched? I would say current technology could allow someone to easily engineer a foam airplane that can extend out 40-50 miles on a single charge and be equipped with a 3D-printed plastic gun that can shoot .22 ammo. Kinda scary to think about, but we're only now scratching the surface of what civilian RC craft is capable of. Sort of like in early 1900's when cars would top out at 30 MPH and have wood wheels and people thought that's the best they will ever get. :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj