If you have problems with latest firmware ...

Reaction score
Why do I have to give photo ID?

I think it is because DJI will get you to sign an Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA), and they want an ID to verify your identify. I guess they could take legal action against someone if they could verify who this person is and where they are from.

Personally, if some company wants me to be an unpaid beta tester for their aircraft, I'm sure as heck not going to use my own personal unit.

The company should at the very least send a free loan unit for you to test on. I can see a situation where firmware may not be fully tested in some scenarios because the user is unwilling to risk damaging their own unit. So the company should lend you an aircraft for testing, I think they would find people would fly it more aggressively and more corner cases would be found during testing.

I love when companies make you basically purchase and risk your own equipment to be their beta tester. Screw that.

I don't know about all of you but it doesn't set well with me sending any personal information such as, a copy of my passport, that ends up in China. I don't get a warm fuzzy that it would be protected.

Reactions: jcknows0
I love when companies make you basically purchase and risk your own equipment to be their beta tester. Screw that.

They aren't MAKING you do anything. They are offering an opportunity to join the beta program to get an early look at new features and help drive product improvement.

You have freewill...don't participate.

They aren't MAKING you do anything. They are offering an opportunity to join the beta program to get an early look at new features and help drive product improvement.

You have freewill...don't participate.

Um, I am NOT in their beta program. I am forced "beta testing" their production code. DJI is making their NON-BETA users risk their investment by using firmware that has not been tested properly before release.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4