If my batteries get updated to new firmware-and my drone isn't - will they work?

Reaction score
Reason I ask is mine is off to NY for repair. Guy I work with wants me to bring my batteries to use with his today. His P3 is updated to the 1.3x firmware. Mine (so far) isn't.
If we use my batteries in his bird I assume the batteries will update as soon as we put them in.

Will they still work in mine if I haven't updated- or what issues am I likely to have?
In thinking if I'm not going to update yet, best not to put them in his P3.
At least not without a condom.....

But... Can he use my batteries on his if not updated? Is there any chance of some kind of malfunction?
What does the update to the battery FW do exactly?

jephoto, DJI does not have any documentation on the latest changes to the batteries. Like other firmware updates, this one is optional too. Since there are no known issues for those who installed the battery firmware, it's a good idea to install it. Perhaps DJI fixed small bugs and/or tweaked the firmware to increase the battery performance, longevity, etc.

Reactions: Buckaye
Again- MY P3 is not yet updated. And I'm holding off for the moment. When it gets back from repair (I backed it into a tree last week during a dusk shot) - it will still have the 1.2x FW.

Will there be a problem using the updated batteries on MY P3 if it is still on previous FW?

jephoto, I haven't personally tested that idea, but it should be fine.

thanks. We will try it first with them as is in His P3.
Doing a thing this afternoon and just wanted my batteries avail if he runs out of juice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20